• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Harmony One / X-10 IR7243

Commander

Standard Member
Hi there!

From reading some of the advice on here I recently bought a Harmony One remote (love it!) but I am having trouble getting it to control my X-10 devices via the IR7243. It will quite happily send out the 'ALL LIGHTS ON' and 'ALL LIGHTS OFF' commands but I have no control over individual lights whatsoever.

I have contacted Logitech about this and they are asking for hex codes.

Has anyone managed to get X-10 working on a Harmony One yet, and if so how did you do it?

Many thanks

CB

logiciel

This "IR7243" is some kind of adapter that allows your "X-10" devices to be controlled by an IR remote instead of whatever they're normally controlled by - is that correct?
If so then you can make the Harmony send all the commands that the original IR remote sends, by the Custom "learn" process.

andy1249

Distinguished Member
I have both the Harmony one and the 7243 , and also control my lights with the Harmony one.

I had the same problem as yourself for a little while , have you got the controllers for each individual light on the same house and device codes ? ( These are hex codes physically set on each X10 control module )

If you do , then they all act as one , to control each light individually you must set separate and different codes on each module. Only then can you control each module separately , its all in the manual that comes with each controller.

Commander

Standard Member
II had the same problem as yourself for a little while , have you got the controllers for each individual light on the same house and device codes ? ( These are hex codes physically set on each X10 control module )

If you do , then they all act as one , to control each light individually you must set separate and different codes on each module. Only then can you control each module separately , its all in the manual that comes with each controller.

Thanks Andy, yes I have them on individual codes for each controller and the IR7243 is blinking when I press 'Light 1' and 'Light 2' for example, but the only way I can get the lights to do anything is by pressing "ON" or "OFF", and even this had to be set on the device set up page for the Harmony.

Does your Harmony allow you to switch on ondividual lights and dim them?

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Does your Harmony allow you to switch on ondividual lights and dim them?

Yes it does , I can switch on or off any individual light , switch them all on or off , and dim either all of them or each individually.

Are your sure the lights are compatible ( they must be incandescent to dim ) and are all being controlled by lamp modules and not appliance modules ?

Does everything work fine when using the switches on the 7243 module ?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom