Harmony One+ works with the Logitech Remote software?

teoman73

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ok, programmed all 24 of my favorite Sky channels inc. icons. Synced it.

How do I access them?

Do I need to programme an activity to access the blue key from the Sky remote control?

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to configure their favourite Sky channels ?

I've used Myharmony.com

And it seems it doesn't have the following functionality:

Any ideas pls?

Attachments

• Logitech.jpg
    Logitech.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Hi peeps,

I've purchased the One+ and use MyHarmony.com to configure it.

I've programmed all my favourite Sky 24 channels on it. But cannot access the Favourite icon/button on my remote after syncing it.

Did some research and it seems only the Remote software has this check button to enable list of Favourite channels (step 7):

Setting up Favorite Channels on a Harmony One - Logitech FAQ

And it seems to be missing in the MyHarmony.com app.

Can anyone share if the One+ will work on the remote software?

Thanks

Should do, i've just been sent a replacement one +, to replace a faulty one, just
plugged it in to my pc, then just updated using the software, and everythings the same.

Should do, i've just been sent a replacement one +, to replace a faulty one, just
plugged it in to my pc, then just updated using the software, and everythings the same.

What was wrong with the previous one?

Did you use Myharmony.com or the remote software to update your One+ ?

If the former, did it show the option to enable the list of favourite channels?

Thanks

I had a one, but the screen broke, so logitech sent me a free replacement, which was a one+.
All i did was attach it to my pc, and did update remote using the harmony software, like i would if i was making any changes in settings, and it just set up the same as the one.
I,ve never used Myharmony.com

I had a one, but the screen broke, so logitech sent me a free replacement, which was a one+.
All i did was attach it to my pc, and did update remote using the harmony software, like i would if i was making any changes in settings, and it just set up the same as the one.
I,ve never used Myharmony.com

I'll give the Remote software a go this evening. But are you able to program your One+ with list of favourite Sky channels? Can you share some images?

............ But are you able to program your One+ with list of favourite Sky channels? Can you share some images?

Yes, you can program your One with favourite channels/icons, see picture below. By the way, if you'd carried out a little search, you'd have come across this thread which answers all your questions and a lot more besides. :)

Cheers,

Martin.

Attachments

• Harmony One_5.JPG
    Harmony One_5.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 274
Yes, you can program your One with favourite channels/icons, see picture below. By the way, if you'd carried out a little search, you'd have come across this thread which answers all your questions and a lot more besides. :)

Cheers,

Martin.

See attached images.. as you can see I've programmed it.. but no option to enable it on the remote it seems...? which is kinda naff.

Can't wait to go back this evening and download the stand-alone mac version.. fingers crossed!

Attachments

• fav_oneplus.jpg
    fav_oneplus.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 195
  • FavDetails.jpg
    FavDetails.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 135
Why three separate posts on the same subject?
To select a Favorite Channel you touch its icon.
The Sky blue button method isn't involved.
It's best to use the normal setup procedure anyway.

Last edited:
See attached images.. as you can see I've programmed it.. but no option to enable it on the remote it seems...? which is kinda naff.

Can't wait to go back this evening and download the stand-alone mac version.. fingers crossed!

I've never used the MyHarmony.com site and therefore know nothing about it, other than the fact that you do not get the same versatility that the remote software offers. Again, I've never used the Mac version but would imagine that it will be very similar, if not identical, to the PC version.

Another point - I reckon that you may have to start your set-up from the beginning, as I don't think it works across the different methods, although I may be wrong.

Best of luck.

Cheers,

Martin.

I'm not sure about that either - and will be interested to find out.;)

Why three separate posts on the same subject?
To select a Favorite Channel you touch its icon.
The Sky blue button method isn't involved.
It's best to use the normal setup procedure anyway.

erm.. that's my point.. I can't find the favourite channel icon on the remote! after having spent ages to load in the icons and channel numbers via the myharmony.com app.

Looking at your pictures I see now that the basic system assigns Favorites to Devices.
When you use the normal system you assign them for each Activity, which is much better.
In those there's a word immediately below the screen on the left that alternates between Commands and Favorites.
You get to specify which comes up first when you start the Activity - as described in your post #2.
The way you have them now Favorites should appear when you set up a WatchTV Activity with the Sky machine.

Last edited:
Doesn't show the Favourites icon.. only Options/Activity.

I'll have a play again tonight.. but I've created an activity to watch sky, labelled as 'Sky On':

1) JVC projector
2) Sky HD box
3) Onkyo amp

The activity does start all of them up with no issues.

But still no favourites icon.

Mind you. I did create the activity before I created the Favourites.. not sure if that's an issue..

OK - we knew about some of the deficiencies of the basic system - now there's another one!
As you have set up the Favorites for the Sky machine as a Device they should appear automatically when you set up an activity that uses it, so it may be as you say that you have to do the activity after the device is fully set up.

OK - we knew about some of the deficiencies of the basic system - now there's another one!
As you have set up the Favorites for the Sky machine as a Device they should appear automatically when you set up an activity that uses it, so it may be as you say that you have to do the activity after the device is fully set up.

Actually, having set up all the Favourites and noting that the icon did not appear.. I re-created a new activity to watch Sky.

Once again, the icon didn't appear.

Query: Do I need to programme the Sky box with the identical favourites? via the Guide/Menu blue-button sky remote to match the Harmony One Favourites as well?

Thanks

I'm not sure about that either - and will be interested to find out.;)

As a matter of interest, I tried to log into the MyHarmony.com site using my log-in details for the remote software but was not recognised, so I don't see how it can work across the platforms. teoman73, please let us know whether or not it works for you, though I fear it won't and you'll have to start from the beginning.

Cheers,

Martin.

As a matter of interest, I tried to log into the MyHarmony.com site using my log-in details for the remote software but was not recognised, so I don't see how it can work across the platforms. teoman73, please let us know whether or not it works for you, though I fear it won't and you'll have to start from the beginning.

Cheers,

Martin.

For some apparent reason, both apps are totally different.. so you'll need to create a new user to log into MyHarmony.com.

I'll have to re-register again for the Remote software.. but I'll see if I can patch it via the MyHarmony to get Favourites working.

I'll just delete the activities I've set up to watch Sky. Then re-create them again.

Typically logitech.. nice looking hardware but sh*tty software...

Last edited:
I'll just delete the activities I've set up to watch Sky. Then re-create them again.

I don't think you need to delete any activities. Just set up new ones using the remote software and, when ready, connect the One via USB and download your new set-up which will automatically delete all the old stuff.

Cheers,

Martin.

I don't think you need to delete any activities. Just set up new ones using the remote software and, when ready, connect the One via USB and download your new set-up which will automatically delete all the old stuff.

Cheers,

Martin.

Yea, then it still don't work.. as I did that yesterday.. created the favourites.. then re-synced it. No icon.. then re-tweaked the "Sky-On" activity again. Re-created new 'Watch TV' activity.. still to no avail.

I'll just use the Logitech Remote software.. hopefully it's way quicker than MyHarmony on my Mac OSX Lion...

Once again, the icon didn't appear.
Query: Do I need to programme the Sky box with the identical favourites? via the Guide/Menu blue-button sky remote....?
That's icons, right?
No, you don't do anything to the Sky machine - as I said "The Sky blue button method isn't involved".
That you've set up the Favorites under the device, then included the device in the activity, and the Favorites don't appear, means that the system is not working properly - and the simple solution is to ask Logitech why not, and get them to fix it.
You shouldn't need to do any "patching" or to delete the activities.
There must be a way of getting the Favorites to appear in the activity - and Logitech must tell you.
It does seem clear now that you can use only either the normal system or the basic one, not both.
The normal system is better, for several reasons, but you shouldn't have to lose all the work you've done.

Yes! Managed to get it working. Downloaded the remote control application. Way quicker and more stable then myharmony.com

Anyone managed to program a 16x9 setting for the jvc projector? I.e via lens memory.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom