Harmony One - Slow projector startup causing issues

Jr0ck13

Standard Member
Hi, I searched around on here to see if I could find a solution to the issue I have with my Harmony One but couldn't find one. Overall, the setup has been easy and I haven't had any problems getting the remote to do what I need. The only problem I do have however, is with my projector.

Right now the setup I have under Activities:
-Turns the projector on and sets it to HDMI 2
- turns the blu-ray player on and sets it to HDMI 2
- and turns on the receiver.

The only issue is I have it set to change the receiver to HDMI 2 and the projector to HDMI 2 but because my projector takes so long to warm up and get started, it does not respond to the command to change inputs on it. Only after my projector is on and ready to go the projector will then switch inputs when I press the Activities button. Is there any way to maybe delay the "Change input" command for just my projector...the most I have been able to delay any command are for about 3 seconds and it takes much longer than that (about 20 seconds) for my projector to start up. The reciever is responding just fine but because my projector will not respond to commands even with the original remote until it's on and ready to go, it also will not respond to the harmony remote. Can I delay this change input command to about 20 seconds or so? Or perhaps set it to be the last thing the remote does after everything else in the sequence is done to make sure the projector responds?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

logiciel

Hi and welcome to AVF.
What setting did you make to acheive the delay of 3 seconds?
The one you need is the power-on delay and that can be set to any value of your choice.
Logi.

logiciel

That's 20000ms in your case. I don't know if there's an upper limit.

Jr0ck13

Standard Member
Alright, I will have to check what the limit is when I get home. I have lights on a dimmer that only give me a 3000ms option so I wasn't sure if I could only delay the projector for a short duration. But just to clarify since I'm here, I would put a delay on the power on of the projector and not the input switching correct?

logiciel

There are four Delays in the Harmony system, and it expalins the purpose of each of them.
The Power-On Delay is the time it takes from a device receiving its power-on command to it being ready to accept and act upon a further command, typically an input setting, and that is what you're looking to get right.

Jr0ck13

Standard Member
Finally got home, I checked my projector's delay under device settings and it seems it's already delayed to 20000ms for power on... it's still not responding to the change input command when I hit activities. Any other suggestions?

logiciel

Broadsword needs at least 30 seconds for his so you should check the actual time yours needs.
I wouldn't have the patience to wait though - I'd take the input setting out of the startup sequence and have the command on a spare button to send manually when the PJ is ready.

Broadsword

You can tell if the delay is working if you have the remote setup to keep the "sending commands" screen active. The one that has the picture saying keep remote poited at your devices on it. Mine stays on for ages.

Saying that however, I have all my devices going through an amp so the input switching on my projector is hardly used as it is already on HDMI 1 anyway. The few times I use HDMI 2 for PC use is maybe once every month and more often than not it doesn't switch correctly.

You could try a longer delay say 30000 and if that works maybe bring it down 1000 each time until it starts to struggle.

Other than that, what logi says, thats what I have setup for my PC for when it doesn't switch.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom