• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Harmony One silly annoying behaviour !!

skronk

Hi all,

Long story short....Logitech changed my One for a Touch. Wife hated it so we sold and I have sourced another One after trying a One for All which was iffy.
I have 3 activities..

Sky Box
Vu Duo
Blu Ray

Everything working nice except that when I go to the Duo from another activity it shows bouquets instead of the channel. To show bouquets should require 2 presses.....down and blue.....however this happens all the time. I am not too sure how to rectify this. Tried adjusting some delays but did not want to tamper too much. Not the end of the world but I would like to get it right !

Can anyone help please ?

Regards

logiciel

Let's have more details - what commands are you sending and what results are you getting?

skronk

Let's have more details - what commands are you sending and what results are you getting?

I am sending no commands except to select Vu DUO activity which selects Yamaha amp and LG TV. I should then get Vu Duo pic on screen. Instead I get bouquet, which if requested by Vu original remote is down>blue.

I have rectified this..(clumsily) by adding "Exit" command after Vu Duo is switched on. I would like to get it right though. If not it's not a major biggy !

Using another One remote written off by Logitech It works perfectly.

Thanks for your interest.

logiciel

That's OK - just a few more details please:
Have you selected the correct Power-On command in the settings for the device?
What is the startup routine for the activity, as shown at Review Settings?
Logi

skronk

There is only one option for the Vu Duo in the database, and it works correctly with my faulty, written off One+.

Startup routine....

Vuo Duo on
Yamaha on
LG TV on
All others off
LG set to HDMI 1
Yamaha set to HDMI 2
Exit command sent to VU Duo

I am now away from home due to family illness but have brought my 2 Ones with me to set up fav. channels, so I will be unable to physically check any changes made to remote.

Cheers

logiciel

OK - as that Exit command fixes the problem it's actually a neat way of doing it, rather than a clumsy one.
I'd start by reversing the order of the devices being powered on though, and checking their Inter-Device Delays.

skronk

Thanks.....will sign off on that problem for just now as I have no access to equipment.

Would like to control 3 lamps individually using Ecotek Standby savers. I read in another post this cannot be done . Is this correct ?

I had hoped to add a lamp (standby saver) as a device then add the device as an activity.....separately 3 times.

Thanks

logiciel

You usually include these devices in your existing activities and control from there, but they can have activities of their own if you want to use them and nothing else.

logiciel

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom