• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Harmony One Price Drop

logiciel

Harmony Remotes
It makes the Pricerunner link even more way out than it's been up to now.

I've been looking at buying a Harmony One for a long time and its always been available for around £100 so the price drop is not that exciting for me .
I finally got one for £85 + P&P off ebay which was a very nice price I thought as Amazon were still around £100.

logiciel

The point is that the Logitech price has always been far higher than shop prices.
You got yours at a good price, but now that their price has dropped we can expect shop prices to drop accordingly.

It always makes me wonder why buying direct from the manufacturer , thus cutting out the middle man costs more than buying from some retailer who has obviously paid much less than the RRP to Logitech.

They are not alone in doing this but there rarely ever seems any reason to buy direct

scottie55

Established Member
Hmmm ... I wonder.

Does this signify the end of the Harmony One? Is it soon to be replaced? Is this end of line discounting?

The point is that the Logitech price has always been far higher than shop prices.
You got yours at a good price, but now that their price has dropped we can expect shop prices to drop accordingly.

With the price search box above the forums showing prices from £250 and Amazon price now at £169.95 it looks like the opposite is happening

logiciel

That one from Dell through Price Runner on the forum is obviously a mistake as I implied in my report. The current Logitech price is always way above shop price, and is currently £119 so any other seller would have to improve on that, and I'm sure Amazon would do so.

You would have thought so.
Marketplace sellers start at £110 but Amazon themselves have it for £169.95 despite having it for around £100 for more than a year and also being that price just a few weeks ago when I got mine

Last edited by a moderator:

logiciel

Looking at Amazon their prices for ALL Harmonys are way OTT right now.
You did well with yours - in good condition and working well?

It works very well.
The remote was brand new although the PS3 adapter was used and from another seller.
Harmony One was £90 including P&P and the PS3 adapter was £30 including P&P

logiciel

An excellent experience and result then. :smashin:

Gambit1977

Prominent Member
logiciel said:

It looks like amazon have shifted away from selling Logitech stuff themselves. I bought a squeezebox touch a little over a month ago, and now they don't sell them (although they're available on the marketplace). Same seems to go for the Squeezebox Radio and some other bits and bobs.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom