• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Harmony One Panny PX60 Input problems

tag2312

Standard Member
I know this has been discussed many times, but I couldn't see a solution for my problem. Hopefully someone can help.

I have the following in the system:
Harmony One
Panasonic TH-37PX60B
SKY+
Sony PS3 (with pelican remote)
Yamaha Amp

Basically I only use two sources HDMI 1 for the PS3 and AV3 for SKY+.

The Harmony switches over to HDMI 1 fine in both Activities and in Device control. However, it doesn't for AV3 (Input Video 3) the discrete code doesn't seem to work at all.

Any Ideas?

logiciel

The usual suggestion is to set it up to Input2 and add an InputNext as an Additional Command when Activity Starts.
Unless Input 2 doesn't work either?:)

tag2312

Standard Member
That suggestion makes sense but the only inputs that seem to work are PC, HDMI 1, HDMI 2. None of the InputVideo1, 2 or 3 seem to have any effect.

saintalan

Established Member
I have a 70 & an 80 and both have the same discretes listed and out of interest, while looking for something else I checked the 60 and noticed no discretes.

However it might be worth a try adding a 70 or 80 to your devices and just trying the discretes to see whether any of thenn work.

Icidentely all the discretes work on the 80 except Component.

cheers

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Panasonics seem to be a right bugger, when it comes to discrete codes and switching between inputs. I had all sorts of trouble sorting it with my PV500.

Get tech support onto it, you'll probably need it escalating to level 2, but once you get there, they should be able to sort it.

The level 2 tech support people rang me (they're based in Canada, so you probably don't want to be ringing them :)) and over the course of a two hour phone call and lots of testing and updating while they were on the phone, they eventually sorted it and it's worked perfectly, 100% of the time, ever since :)

tag2312

Standard Member
Hi Gooner

I was just reading your thread on Remote Central and wondered how you had got on.

Did Logitech actually get the discrete codes working for each input, or was it a work around?

tag2312

Standard Member
Managed to sort out the problem by creating a sequence within the activity "Watch Sky".

The sequence:

Select PC Input (a discrete command that does work)
Red ( to select page 1 of inputs)
Yellow ( to select AV3)

Althougth this sounds messy it works fine.

logiciel

There's some deja vu going on here.:D
As there are only three commands it could be set up as a Method 4 input, which would be a little less messy.

tag2312

Standard Member
There's some deja vu going on here.:D
As there are only three commands it could be set up as a Method 4 input, which would be a little less messy.

Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but it works for me.

This is Activity List for Watching SKY(Input 3 RGB)

Device Status / Actions
Thomson PVR Thomson PVR is on
Panasonic TV Panasonic TV is on
Other All other devices are off
Thomson PVR Thomson PVR is set to "Sky"
Panasonic TV Panasonic TV is set to "AV3"
Panasonic TV "InputPC" command is sent to the Panasonic TV
Panasonic TV "Red" command is sent to the Panasonic TV
Panasonic TV "Yellow" command is sent to the Panasonic TV
Thomson PVR "InputSky" command is sent to the Thomson PVR

This is the activity list for using PS3 (HDMI1 Input)

Device Status / Actions
Pelican Game Console (With DVD) Pelican Game Console (With DVD) is on
Panasonic TV Panasonic TV is on
Yamaha AV Receiver Yamaha AV Receiver is on
Other All other devices are off
Panasonic TV Panasonic TV is set to "HDMI1"
Yamaha AV Receiver Yamaha AV Receiver is set to "DVD"
Panasonic TV "InputHdmi1" command is sent to the Panasonic TV

Works a treat for me and is solid.:clap:

Also added "InputSky" on Watch Sky activity list, to ensure SKy+ box gets turned on in the morning.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom