Harmony One + Panny 37LZD80 HELP!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by jezzer256, Feb 7, 2009.

1. jezzer256

jezzer256

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    My Harmony One doesn't list a 'component in' command for my TV. Therefore the 'watch DVD' activity doesn't work properly.

Anything I can do? I don't have the command on my original remote - I have to press AV and then scroll to Component and press enter.

TY

Jez

2. andy1249

andy1249
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,654
    I'm at work at the moment , so I cant check what model number I have in the Harmony software , but I got around the issue by choosing a different model to what I actually have and it works fine.

I'll check exactly what model I used when I get home and post it.
    From memory I'm pretty sure I used the 800 model instead of the 80 , which works fine.

Note that in some cases , regardless of whether or not there is an actual button to select the input , the choice appears on the " what input does the TV need to be on " during setup , and works , even though theres no direct input button .... which must be some kind of pre-set macro that harmony have set up for that particular model.

3. jezzer256

jezzer256

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Cheers mate. Yeah there is a component option during the activity's setup, but it just sets it to the PC input!

I'll have a go with the 800 :)

Jez

EDIT: Yeah mate cheers that seems to have worked. The 'Component In' command is actually a little pre-programmed macro thing like you said. Does make things a bit more unreliable (more commands = more things to go wrong) but hopefully we should be OK!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  4. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    The database for this TV's input commands has three HDMI, three Video, the PC, and "Sd". Which one is it that works for your component?

5. jezzer256

jezzer256

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    None. In the setup of an activity when it says "What input does your Panasonic TV need to be on?" There is a 'component' option. This is actually a macro setup by Logitech, which sets the input the PC, then scrolls up one input to component. So it requires you to point the remote at the TV for a bit longer but hey it still works.

Jez

6. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    Right Jez - that's the standard way of solving that problem - it isn't so much a "macro" now as a new command, that should find its way into the standard list of Inputs.