Harmony one + panasonic eqpt

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by George Pearce, Feb 4, 2009.

1. George Pearce

George Pearce
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    AARRghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Is it just me or does everyone have problems with it ?
    Got PANASONIC 42PZ700 TV
    EMR-DX87 DVD Recorder
    DMP-35 Blu Ray Player

1.Can't get the tv to turn on,reading the forums it looks like a standard problem with panny tv's and the infra red delay not being long enough,fair enough they've sent it to their canadian help desk to get a solution.

2.Now here's my real problems,it can't seem to differentiate between the dvd recorder and the blu ray player,i know how it feels,lord knows i felt like throwing the gear out of the window as well. The panasonic remotes couldn't tell the difference either and wanted to operate both at the same time ,sorted this now by disabling viera link and assigning the remotes to their correct units.
    BUT
    now the logitech can't tell the difference either.
    If i want to watch a dvd,it won't turn on the dvd player and the help function in the remote will turn on the blu ray player instead !

Anybody know if its worth persevering with or shall i just buy a remote control rack and a dog that can read ?
    please help if ya can

2. clockworks

clockworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    If the original remotes now work properly, just re-learn all the commands for both devices, from the original remotes into the Harmony.

3. George Pearce

George Pearce
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Thanks ,that seems to have worked,looks like it'll be a long process though !

4. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    For the power-on problem most Panasonics have an option in the software, at Settings> Adjust Power, to assign a "duration" to the command. If the option isn't there, then Logi support should set it directly and immediately - Level One ought to have known that, and done it!
    For the two conflicting devices, there should be two sets of commands in the database, and again support should have known about them. One way of checking is to go to Learn IR and test the commands against the original remotes.