Harmony One controlling my Ipod via Yam Z7

Dazzor

I've done some searches on here and other forums but to no avail, so apologies in advance if this is a silly question:confused:

After doing a basic set-up and going back into the "Learn from Original remote" section I'm lost now.

Basically I want to control my Ipod through my amp using the Harmony as I would with my old Yamaha Z7 remote. (Z7 linked to ipod via YDS-11 yamaha dock)

On the Yam remote there's a set of buttons with play, stop, pause, skip ect; I'd like to set the same set of buttons that reside on the harmony for this, however I can't see them appearing on the list, all the other hard and soft buttons are on the list in "learn from original remote" section but not these:confused:

Hope this make sense, anyone, please help.

logiciel

There's a MyNewCommand button - give it a new name and use that - select it again, give it another new name, use that - and so on and so on....

Dazzor

There's a MyNewCommand button - give it a new name and use that - select it again, give it another new name, use that - and so on and so on....

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated:smashin:

I did look at the MyNewCoomand but wasn't sure how this worked and the instructions for this aren't that intuitive IMO.

Also, does MyNewCommand button mean I can programme the play, stop, pause...ect(Hard buttons) on the Harmony or are we talking touch-screen buttons here?

Thanks again for your time:thumbsup:

logiciel

That's OK and you're right that there aren't any useful instructions on the page.
Hard buttons and virtual screen buttons are equally Customisable so the choice is yours.

Dazzor

That's OK and you're right that there aren't any useful instructions on the page.
Hard buttons and virtual screen buttons are equally Customisable so the choice is yours.

Nice one:smashin:

I'll give that section of the "Wizard":)rolleyes:) software another go.

logiciel

OK - Let us know how you get on - Logi

Dazzor

OK - Let us know how you get on - Logi

Right, I went back into the learn from remote section and named each new command. That went ok and I ended up with extra virtual buttons.

I then worked out that I could go into customize buttons and allocate these new commands to actual buttons on the H1. Brilliant:smashin:

Question:

How do I get rid of the extra virtual commands/buttons that I created as I no longer need them on the touch-screen due to having them also set on various real buttons. (Hope that made sense:confused:)

It would be nice to loose the virtual versions of the new commands/taught commands as it clogs-up the touch-screen device menu of my AVR (Lots there already from initial set-up)

EDIT:
Also, is there a way of making the H1 send a continuous IR beam on a particular command? I need this so as to be able to scroll quickly through my music list on my Ipod which appears on my TV by proxy of my Amp's GUI. When held down on the original Amp remote it means the list scrolls whole pages/Artist beginning with each letter at once. (Again, hope this make sense)

Cheers
D:smashin:

Last edited:

logiciel

Good to know that you got you the controls you were looking for - as I said, you can customise all the hard and virtual screen buttons - called Additional - you wish.
When you were Customising you must have missed the facts that you can delete any Button name and set its Command to the blank space at the top of the list, and that you can use the up and down arrows to arrange the order of the remaining buttons and their commands.
By the way, it should not matter what appears on the screen under Devices, as all controlling is done in Activities - the Devices area is only for storage.
If you find in your Activities that some command isn't available the idea is to Customise it into the Activity.
It looks like you need some button or buttons to work like volume up and down buttons, so that they keep working while you keep them pressed.
If you e-mail the details to Logitech support they can probably add that "hold" function to the appropriate commands.

Last edited:

Dazzor

Good to know that you got you the controls you were looking for - as I said, you can customise all the hard and virtual screen buttons - called Additional - you wish.
When you were Customising you must have missed the facts that you can delete any Button name and set its Command to the blank space at the top of the list, and that you can use the up and down arrows to arrange the order of the remaining buttons and their commands.
By the way, it should not matter what appears on the screen under Devices, as all controlling is done in Activities - the Devices area is only for storage.
It looks like you need some button or buttons to work like volume up and down buttons, so that they keep working while you keep them pressed.
If you e-mail the details to Logitech support they can probably add the "hold" function to the appropriate commands.

Thanks again Logi, you're a star:smashin:

I'm very please with the results so far and I've only had the H1 up and running a day or two.

I'll get onto Logitech and see if they can sort out the "continuous-command whilst button is pressed" issue out for me.

Cheers
D

logiciel

You're very welcome, and that's much appreciated - thank you.:hiya:
Logi themselves don't give away much about how to set things up, so this area of AVS is the place to come and find out.
There are a few things that only Logi support can do for you though, and they're usually quite good and quick at them.
Let us know how you get on with that "hold" command and if there are any other questions.
Good to know you're getting on so well with the One - it's an excellent piece of gear and you've made rapid progress with yours.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom