• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Harmony One Activities / Sequencing Noob

prycop

Hi,
Just received my Harmony One from Amazon this morning.
Setup basic settings no problem for my Pana with Sky HD, Blue-Ray, BTVision and Apple TV - brilliant, just put away 5 remotes!

What I can't work out is creating more advance activities in a device's sub menu, i think i might be going wrong because i have a sequence of more that 5, can I set up activities such as:

Go straight to BTVision Film Choice
ie. TV on, BTVision on, On Demand, right, right, right, right, down, down,down,down,select.

Or go straight to play Music in apple TV
Tv on, Apple TV on, right, right,right, select.

Thanks for any help.

mikeinmk

I don't think you can do what you want, I think the commands per device is limited to 5 (I use one for the sky movies PIN). There is a macro for the PS3 to power down supplied by Logitech but I dont think you can make such extensive macros yourself.

I am sure Logi will be on soon and will be able to tell you for sure.

Cheers, Mike

logiciel

Like Mike said.:thumbsup:
This isn't about sequences, or a "device's sub-menu" which I don't understand.
You're meant to include runs of commands - no limit - like that as Additional When Activity Starts or When Ends.
It's done at Review Settings, and they get sent automatically.
Sequences are a series of up to a total of five commands for the devices in an Activity, to be sent manually.
They are set up at Customise Buttons for things like Mike's PIN numbers, and are sent by pressing a single button.
Logi

Last edited:

logiciel

Sure - go to one of your Activities in the Harmony software, select the Settings button, then the first option, then "yes but I want more....", select Save and Next until you come to the page Custom Actions, where you get the option to Add Action For any device that's in the Activity and use that several times to include each of the commands that you want, such as those in your first post. Save the final result and Upload to the Harmony.

logiciel

You're welcome - come back with any other enquiries - Logi

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom