Harmony Major Problem

chaz

I am back yet again My Harmony Hub and my Samsung phone problems everything works expect for my Amp does not come on it does turn on. What ever I press " Activity " it comes on expect the Amp and I do not know???
I have been in touch with Logitech but the young Girl I talked to for a hour & 30 min ( I talked to her for so long I was going to ask for a date thinking she was a nice Blond Girl) we tried everything but nothing worked. In the end she was going to talk to her boss and see if we can solve it. So I am asking if there is a universal remote that I can use instead but use the phone App I saw this is would it do the same as my Harmony. Thanks

RM4 pro IR and RF Universal Remote, All in One Hub Code Learning WiFi Remote Control for Smart Home and Entertainment Devices TV, STB, AC, Curtain Motor, Compatible with Alexa​

Seen all these now total confused
Amazon product

chaz

Have been looking on Amozon to find Something to replace my Harmony Hub to the same job as that did for example "Watch Move" when you press that button the following happens.
Projector comes on screen comes down amp turns on to Movie Mode Blu Ray Player comes on.
If I want change input the amp changes input Projector goes of etc.
Is this any good for what I want
Amazon product

logiciel

Hi Chaz.
There are are many similar items, most of them considerably cheaper.

chaz

Hi Logi Nice to here from hope you are well Look can I ask you what to go for in this Field as I do not have a clue at all as I have been brought up on Harmony 1100 and this Stupied Hub:confused:. I did look at the cheapest one did not have good reviews I want to do the same as my harmony did if that is possible please mate as you are the expert on these things it has got to be fairly easy to set up and have phone app of course. Thanks P.S. Have a nice Weekend as they say it is going to be very warm :) :thumbsup:

logiciel

Hi Chaz.
Yes indeed!
I tried three or four earlier in the year
Get them from Amazon and return any that don’t work
All good but eventually reverted to a real remote!
What is it that the Harmony won’t do?
Give it a chance first
Hope the weekend won’t be too warm but have a good one
Logi

chaz

Good Morning Logi Hope you are well on this lovely Day To answer your Q about my Harmony Hub. What happens if I go to any activity and press the button eg TV the TV comes on but not the Amp or if it does come on the Volume button will not work. I have tried deleting the App & re installing it that did not work turn Amp off/on that did not work. So in the end gave up pulled out the plug out of the unit and left it for a few hours plunged it back in to see if it worked and it did:clap: But do not know how long this will last. Like I said it turns all the gear but the amp either comes on or not and the volume up/down button does not work That is why I want to get a new one before this goes T up.That is why I am asking you my dear friend the best to go for from the other makes that does the same job as my Harmony Hub ( When it is working )

logiciel

Good afternoon Chaz. I am indeed well on a fine day.
It would be a good idea first to get the Harmony problem fixed.
Does the Troubleshooter help at all?
Have you got exactly the correct amplifier specified?
Then try the first Amazon device.
If it doesn’t work send it back and try another.
I’ve found the BroadLink RM 3 Mini works well for me.
Thanks for the dear friend, which is most kind, and reciprocated.

chaz

That is OK Logi it is Ok at the moment but will wait & see but will still get Broadlink is it easy to set up and what is the difference between the one you have and RM 4 and does it do the same as the Harmony does at this moment in time. Thanks Logi P. S. Why do you have so many Remotes 8 I think I see:D:eek:

logiciel

I tried several Broadlinks and decided the cheapest was the best for me!
I use it with an expensive Samsung phone though!
It can do everything that a Harmony can do.
There are several other makes that work equally well.
I’ve lost touch with how many I have but they’re all for Forum purposes.
The one I currently use is the Neeo which is expensive and hard to get but very attractive compared to any other.

chaz

Same Here I now own The Samsung 21 ultra plus still not got a clue how to use it :D

logiciel

Hey - that’s mine too!
It works fine with Broadlinks.
Also with few other things.
I don’t use it much though. :)
My list stands currently at 12 remotes.

chaz

Sometimes it does sometime not Like yesterday the everything worked fine today it turned the Amp Ok but would not change input or the volume would not work I then went and looked the set up and each Item was set for " Hub & Mini Blasters" which I have not got any " mini Blasters So I have not set them to hub only and see if that makes any difference

Broadsword

Why have you not got mini blasters?

Does the amp have good line of sight with the remote or the hub? You dont need line of sight from the remote to the hub, but your IR devices will need line of sight with either the remote or the hub to some degree. The hub sends out lots of commands but they won;t neccessarily bounce of walls and such, they might, but maybe not. I would pick up some cheap blasters of amazon and pip one in front of your amp.

I think we have found your problem.

chaz

Hey - that’s mine too!
It works fine with Broadlinks.
Also with few other things.
I don’t use it much though. :)
My list stands currently at 12 remotes.
Those 12 Remotes Logi do you use them all!!! and which one was the Hardest to set up :facepalm: o_O

chaz

My items are less than 15ft away and all are straight in front of me on open shelf's

chaz

I have tried resetting my Broadband Which is Virgin get very fast download but my hub says trouble finding hub I am now going to try there wire boaster and see if that helps

logiciel

What does “hub says trouble finding hub” mean?
And what about “there wire boaster”?o_O
I use only one at a time and the current one is the Neeo.
The absurdly named SofaBaton was probably the worst for setting up.

chaz

I have just tried the harmony down stares it came on ok then stopped working. My Wife went to the end of the garden and on her i pad and can not get a signal and on my harmony says it "Does not Recognise Hub" going to try the virgin wifi booster once my arm has stooped bleeding :( :eek:

logiciel

Aw. What you done to arm?!

chaz

Cut it on a door a I take pills for thinning my blood when I cut myself it come gushing out big time a tiny cut looks like I cut my Arm off OK now Lile my wife says put your arm up so the heart stops pumping up there does not take to long to stop. Now on to other things Logi My Virgin box down loads at 380 but that is not to mean the Wifi is good Like I said I will try these plug ins I got from Virgin to see if they work if not I have read that to make my virgin Hub a Moden and get a cheap router is that correct if so which one Because I do not have a clue and what type of plug in ones should I get Please. I have ordered that New hub that you have got. Now to set it 1) is it easy to set up 2) what about delay times on the gear how to sort that out etc. And Logi please is there a app for my phone that can tell me what sort Q of the wifi down stars Cheers Mate

on these plug ins do you put it in a plug socket and the harmony remote hub into plug into that

chaz

I have not many plug sockets downstairs so if I put a plug in Wifi into one of these sockets then put my hub into wifi plug what can i do with item I just taken out can i use a two way plug in the where i just put my hub and plug the other item in

logiciel

I’m really sorry about the blood condition.
Wi fi hubs are outside of my experience.
I use a quality router and it just works.
Which device are you getting?
They all use applications, some more tricky than others.
You’d be best waiting to see how yours handles delays.
All the best - Logi

chaz

Hi Logi like I said my Hub is upstairs and my Harmony Hub is downstairs and there was the So I tried this problem. I looked on Virgin Forum and Virgins WiFi is crap :nono: So I tried these Plug ins which increase the WiFi well it does in a small way but that is the Hub Plugged into the Plug in which is not correct I do not think Is right it looks Like I have to get a more powerful WiFi plug in I will try a other forum thread. Will let you know How I get on with the new hub I still think now it is the shifting Hub WiFi signal from the Virgin Hub

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 22nd September 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Creative introduces Sound Blaster Katana V2 soundbar
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audeze introduces reference LCD-5 planar magnetic headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Chord Electronics launches Anni desktop amplifier