Question Harmony Hub I/R Splitter

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've heard it's possible to add more than two I/R blasters to the harmony hub. I did buy a 2.5mm Y splitter but it was stereo and doesn't seem to work - apparently I need mono.

Has anyone done this in order to run 4 x I/R blaster off a single hub and was it a single splitter or combinations of adapters to 3.5mm and then split?

i havent but am going through a similar anguish (or about to) - ive got 4 different bits of kit all in different cupboards so need more than the 2 with the hub - did you come up with a solution?

at the moment im using a cheap IR repeater that i bought off amazon with my harmony one but wanting to upgrade to the hub - cant believe only 2 repeaters with the hub.....

So my main issue was my amp in a bottom cupboard. I ended up getting an I/R extender for the amp so the receiver is on top of my media player in the top cupboard so they both get hit and I can control everything with just two Harmony I/R blasters.

The I/R extender is USB powered so it's plugged into the TV and then I have the TV switch on first for any activities so the extender works.

It's a workaround but seems pretty good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017XOU6RM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom