Harmony - help needed

HeadBanger

With Logitech pulling the plug on their Harmony remotes I grabbed an Elite off eBay as a back up.

I currently have an Ultimate so only wanted to check the Elite worked. I plugged in the Elite to my PC running My Harmony and declined the ‘replace existing remote’. When I unplugged it it began to Sync.

It replaced the Ultimate and now the Elite works with the original Hub. To get the Ultimate working again I had to set the Elite’s Hub up and pair it to that.

The really strange thing is that the My Harmony software only reports that I have one remote - the Ultimate. If I fully reset the Elite it re-syncs again and copies all settings but refuses to appear in My Harmony.

Does anyone know how I can get the Elite to appear in My Harmony so that I will be able to assign button functions etc.?

TIA
HB

Pug72

Don't think you can set up two remotes to one hub.
To use both remotes in the same room I think you'd have to set up two hubs and set up identical devices/activities.

On a side note, I have to use the iOS harmony software as My Harmony is not supported on mac. I presume there's an Android app too if that's your allegiance.
You can edit remote functions/buttons/devices/activities on the app.

HeadBanger

Hi Pug72.

You’re right you can’t connect more than one smart remote per hub but these are both connected to separate hubs. It’s just the Elite will not show in the ‘My Harmony’ PC app or the iOS Harmony app.

Both work fine and control my devices fine. If I update an activity icon for the Ultimate in My Harmony and sync both remotes, both get updated so it’s as if they’re being treated as one remote - the Ultimate.

Very odd!

HB

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom