1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harmony h655 - where to purchase?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by jayzeer, Dec 13, 2004.

1. jayzeer

jayzeer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking at buying H655, cheapest seems to be £99 at dixons, must be cheaper places others have come across?

2. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    I hunted around last week before getting one from Dixons; Could not find any one else selling it all let alone cheaper. Hope you have better luck. I think the original RRP was £150. Even the girl in Dixons said I was mad paying £100 for a remote. Bit rich I thought coming from a shop that was trying to sell £3000 TV's with set ups that looked like they had been smeared with vaseline. How do they manage to get a picture that bad. You'd think they would occassionally get the aspect ratio right even by chance; do they have training in always getting it wrong.
    Sorry off topic Dixons rant.
    It wasn't so much the £100 that put me off as having to go into Dixons at all. By the way I have had a few 'expensive' learning remotes (including a Pronto) and I rate this one a good £100's spent.

Regards Richard

3. Xstyle

Xstyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
  4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    £90 if you get staff discount at DSG........ surprised it hasnt popped up on playat £70....tho

5. The Foot

The Foot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a HTM MX500 remote which I bought from Bluedo.com and cost me around £80.I think it is a really good remote but are you saying that the Harmony 655 is the best one around for £100r?

I note that it has the coloured buttons to match sky etc which the Mx500 doesn't and which I have had to set up as separate labels.

6. Scarface12

Scarface12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How easy is this remote to set up?, will it work with;

sky +
    pioneer media box and plasma tv (505 xde)
    pioneer dvd (868avi)
    and a panasonic video
    would love it to operate the bose lifestyle unit however i think the remote for the bose does it through some other method as you can operate it through walls etc.

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    scarface what bose system do you have? If its an 18/28/0r 35 can be controlled via IR (pronto/Harmony) easy to set up just download codes from web, need an internet connection.......... BOSE will be more tricky suggest you mail CS team at harmony (logitech) for help on that one