1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harmony H655 for Fifty Quid !!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Skip67, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Skip67

Skip67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Well I paid £52.50 inc shipping from a UK seller on eBay and it's just arrived sealed and brand new. Chuffed to say the least as most of the eBay ones listed are 659's or suchlike and are from the US in any case.

I think I got a bargain beacuse the seller listed a picture of the 659 but listed the item as a 655 so potential buyers may have been put off by the inaccurate listing. I emailed the seller and they confirmed it wss the 655. And it was ! Result.

Enough of my tedious bragging, go and search for Harmony remote on eBay because they have listed another one. (Not sure about the etiquette of posting links on here so I won't do that for a minute.) I think the current one is at £25 or something at the moment, but if you're after a 655 then I don't think you'll get one cheaper anywhere. I paid £46+postage for mine (even though I had entered a top bid of £138.50 ! Didn't know about Dixons at that stage so I was even more pleased...)

Trust me, this is a genuine and sealed product as well. ( And it's not me that's the seller by the way in case any of you were thinking that ! haha )

Good luck !

2. toby_smith

toby_smith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm bidding on one at the moment, but I have a question - does your 655 have the coloured buttons across the middle? The one I'm bidding on has a photo that looks the same as the Logitech website, but the buttons are not coloured in the middle, just plain. I don't know if this means anything....like perhaps not properly linked to Sky functionality?

Thanks, Toby.

3. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    It could be a H659, the US version. :(

4. Skip67

Skip67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Sorry I missed your question Toby.

That seller IS selling the 655 but poosted a pic of the 659. I emailed them to ask the question and they replied that they'd made a mistake.

I was still cautious until it turned up but it was indeed the 655. The seller did say they were going to change it but cannot do so if a bid has been placed. I would have thought they might have done with the new lisitng though but probably forgot....

Hope you were lucky and sorry again for not replying quickly.

5. toby_smith

toby_smith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    no worries - I bid, but another buyer was obviously too keen to get it, and when he got above the equivalent price from Dixons at £99, I let it go....