Question Harmony Elite & Smart TV sound

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Smudger1, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Smudger1

Smudger1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    I recently got a Harmony Elite and Hub from Amazon while it was on special offer, and it's working OK apart from 1 major bugbear.

Whenever I use the Smart TV activity, I get sound through the TV, not through the amp. The Activity is set to switch on the amp to AV4 (arc channel) and switch on the telly at the Smarthub. Previously, using ARC, the amp would automatically switch to AV4 if it sensed I was using the Smarthub, and sound would come out of the speakers. Should I just leave the amp bit out of it and get it to start when the TV powers on?

Edit: The TV is a Samsung KS7000

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,757
    With my Sammy I have the TV speakers permanently off and don't use ARC which usually clashes with the Harmony system.

3. Smudger1

Smudger1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    I usually do too, but it's not even picking up that it's got an option to use the receiver. Options are: TV Speaker, Optical and Bluetooth. Might give the TV a reset and see if there's an update available.

I re-did the smart remote setup to tell it I had a receiver, Tivo and BR player, but it still doesn't pick up that there's the option to use the amp for sound.