Harmony Elite Remote

logievan

Novice Member
I have a Harmony Elite Universal Remote. I configured the remote to control my Apple TV, Panasonic TV , Sony Blue Ray DVD Player and everything
works great. I only have one HDMI port on the TV, so I added a Koopman HDMI 4K 4 port switch. a was able to set the switch to change channels depending on what activity is selected on the Harmony Elite. The only problem I have is that I cannot power up and power down the HDMI switch with the harmony elite, so I have to use the IR remote that came with the Koopman HDMI switch. I am looking for an HDMI switch that I can power up and down with the Harmony Elite remote, so I only have to use one remote to control everything.

nigelk1

Why can’t you use the Harmony ? You should be able to teach it new codes.

logievan

Novice Member
If I did know ho to do that, I would not posted this. If I could teach harmony how turn on and off than I would like to incorporate it into the watch tv activity and also into the watch dvd activity, so the HDMI switch could change the appropriate channel for the particular activity. So the switch need to be powered up before an activity is started because it needs to change the channel for the activity.

nigelk1

you add a new device, and if it doesn't recognise the device you are entering it should take you through the process of learning the commands.

logievan

Novice Member
Hello nigelk1, thanks for responding. I was able to setup the Koopman HDMI switch, I have entered the make and model and harmony did properly changed the channel #1 for AppleTv and channel #3 for the Sony DVD player but there is no option for powering on and off the switch, only with the remote. So I think the switch is not designed to have power management.

nigelk1

You have a remote that came with the switch which has a power button on it, so you should be able to edit the device on the harmony and add a missing command, using the remote to teach the harmony.

go to device, add/fix command, command missing if it doesn’t show power on/off

nigelk1

Yes, but it’s not available for the 64bit versions of macOS so you have no option.

logievan

Novice Member
You have a remote that came with the switch which has a power button on it, so you should be able to edit the device on the harmony and add a missing command, using the remote to teach the harmony.

go to device, add/fix command, command missing if it doesn’t show power on/off
Hello nigelk1, Thanks for your instructions I was able fix my HDMI switch problem. I was able to teach my harmony remote by creating the two commands to power up and power down commands. I was not aware that you can add commands just by sending the IR signal to the Harmony Elite. Again I appreciate giving me a hand with this. I did use the Harmony App on my windows 7 laptop, it worked flawlessly.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom