Harmony Elite Question

boon147

Afternoon all,

I have completed my humble wife friendly home cinema which involved going back to bare brick so I'll post up soon in the gallery section to show the transformation. However, now its completed its given me time to have a mess about with my new toys, one of which is a Harmony Elite.

I only ever had a 350 before so this is a massive step up,...but only in some areas. I have found (what I think) is a massive step backwards and it has actually removed functionality from the remote. Either I am doing it wrong, or it is just a known thing and something I gotta live with.

So, I'm talking about centralised volume control. On the 350 setup page, I had an option to choose which device controls the volume (which was my AMP), but that isn't available in the hub based option? Its available via the 'Activities' option, but for various scenarios where I need to move away from the activity (to control an advanced function on my DVR, for example) and I attempt to then the volume up/down, my DVR pops up with a message saying that's its currently in surround sound mode and not controlled here. So, I then have to back out of 2, sometimes 3 menus before I can change the volume.

Now, this is massively a first world problem, and something I can live with. But am I doing it wrong, or missed some form of configuration. Or is this the way it is designed? If its designed this way, then whoever developed it and signed it off at Logitech needs their head examining.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

limegreenzx

Banned
You should not be "moving away" from an activity.
If you are changing from watching one source to another source you should be starting a new activity eg Blu-ray activity to DVR activity.
You should also have ALL the commands setup in the activity to control that activity. So if you're in the DVR activity and you are missing a command to control your DVR, DON'T change to the DVR device, instead add the command to the DVR activity.
If after that you still prefer to use the Harmony in a different way there is nothing to stop you relearning the volume command for every device with the AV receiver volume command.

boon147

You should not be "moving away" from an activity.
If you are changing from watching one source to another source you should be starting a new activity eg Blu-ray activity to DVR activity.
You should also have ALL the commands setup in the activity to control that activity. So if you're in the DVR activity and you are missing a command to control your DVR, DON'T change to the DVR device, instead add the command to the DVR activity.
If after that you still prefer to use the Harmony in a different way there is nothing to stop you relearning the volume command for every device with the AV receiver volume command.
And there we go, I was using it incorrectly!!

I have tried various different ways to use it, but sometimes found that when using an activity, the numpad (for whatever reason) didn’t want to control my DVR so that’s where I sometimes switched.

I’ll have a mess about later and let you know how I get on.

Thanks very much for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom