Question Harmony Elite - no channel numbers

W1ggy001

Standard Member
Reaction score
I received my new Harmony Elite yesterday and had everything set up and basically working. A notification told me it needed a software update so I returned it to the stand, but since then I cannot see any channel numbers whilst in the Watch TV activity. I can swipe to the page where they should be (123 in the header) and all I see is a 12 box grid where each box is empty. Tapping where the numbers should be does nothing.

Any thoughts?

I got mine yesterday too. Its a great bit of kit but can be a tiuch frustrating too! Anyway, couple things first;

What version of the hub software are you on?

Can you see the numbers on the mobile app?

Hub Software Version is 4.14.112 and yes, I can see the numbers in the mobile app.

I had a Harmony years ago but never replaced it when it died as it was too frustrating. I have the say the hub solution they now have is far better and more reliable, and this is the only issue I have at the moment.

That’s the same version number that I have. So we can rule that out!

Have you tried a reboot by pressing and holding the Off button at the top of the remote for approximately 15 seconds.

Or in the case of that not working a factory reset?

What numbers? Favourite channels?

C491B017-4AD6-460C-AB61-31CF7F6DC103.jpeg
Presumably this...

Yes, those numbers. The grid is there, just no numbers!

Reboot didn't work so it might have to be a factory reset later. Presumably that removes the activities/favourites I've set up? Can I simply re-sync with the mobile app to restore them?

Yes, I believe you can re-sync after the factory reset.

A factory reset and re-sync did not solve the issue. However, I found another thread elsewhere where someone has the same issue - the resolution was to edit the Activity and reset the buttons to default, which restored the numbers. I then re-customised the DVR and back buttons as I had done previously and the numbers are still there.

No idea why this was necessary but it's all working fine now. Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my issue.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom