Harmony Elite issue

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I have an ongoing issue with my Harmony Elite. I have programmed it to switch on my TV, Soundbar & Youview box. All works fine until I turn the activity off. Everything turns off correctly except my Samsung soundbar that will restart again 3-6 seconds after turning off. I've tried various solutions but non seem to fix this issue. Anyone got any advice as to what I can do to fix this?
Many thanks.

On my Ultimate you have the option to fix the commands being sent.

Does your soundbar have separate on/off commands or just a combined command? If combined then it sounds like the hub is sending the on/off command to the soundbar too many times and it eventually reads it as an 'on' command.

Try reducing the duration of the commands sent in small increments until it no longer switches back on.

HB

Thanks. Yes the soundbar has a single command button to turn it off and on. I'll try that later. Thanks.

I've tried making changes but its made it worse, it now turns off my soundbar when powering up. So its doing everything back to front. It turns the soundbar off when it should be turning on & off when its turning the soundbar on. I'm a little baffled regarding the harmony timings, ie should i be adjusting what in the following?
Power on delay
inter-key delay
Input delay
inter device delay

thanks again.

Are you using some system such as HDMI-CEC that conflicts with the remote?
Put the delays back to the original as they shouldn't affect anything.

Yes I am using HDMI-CIC, is that the issue?

I've tried making changes but its made it worse, it now turns off my soundbar when powering up. So its doing everything back to front. It turns the soundbar off when it should be turning on & off when its turning the soundbar on. I'm a little baffled regarding the harmony timings, ie should i be adjusting what in the following?
Power on delay
inter-key delay
Input delay
inter device delay

thanks again.

If the Soundbar is on but your Harmony thinks it's off it will switch it off when sending on (as on/off is actually the same command).

Press off on the remote and then manually turn off everything that's still on. Then your kit will be in sync with what the remote thinks it has commanded. Then try an activity on the remote again.

HB

Fixed the issue. I just deleted my soundbar from my activities and let the tv power it on via HDMI CEC. Thanks for the clue logical:)

You're welcome - it has to be one thing or the other, not both.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom