Harmony Elite controlling Kodi on Raspberry Pi(3)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by 28061, Dec 20, 2016.

1. 28061

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Hi everyone,

Got a Harmony Elite today, and got it working great with my AVR, sonos, Tv & xbox. I just haven't figured out how to control Kodi on the Raspberry Pi 3. I've set up an activity that sets the TV & AVR to the correct inputs, and Kodi displays on the screen...

At this point, my normal TV remote controls the Pi (via CEC?), but the harmony elite doesn't. I've turned off CEC on all the devices, as I think it was messing up some of the transitions anyway, but how do I get the harmony to be able to navigate through Kodi?

I've found lots of reference to pairing Kodi on Pc's & Mac's to the Harmony, but I can't find anything for the Pi. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you

2. 28061

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Update: Got it to pair successfully, but still no control. Gone into OSMC's settings, selected the Harmony, activated it... Still no control :-\

3. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,765
    Hi.
    If the device is controllable by Infrared then either it will be in the database or you can "learn" the commands.

4. 28061

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Thank you, unfortunately it's not as I don't have an Ir add on, and have read on the harmony website that it should be able to control it via Bluetooth. They're located about 30cm away from each other so shouldn't be a problem with range.

5. qwakuk

qwakuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I have a similar setup with a Pi3 and it works if you turn on the HDMI CEC

6. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,765
    That's OK, and I don't know anything about Bluetooth operation, but no doubt others do and will respond.

7. 28061

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    I did try that, and when CEC is enabled, my Samsung TV remote operates the Pi fine, so I know CEC is working ok. I've also checked the remote remains paired via Bluetooth, which it does, and also activated the harmony profile in My OSMC->Remotes menu, but still no joy.

I'm assuming that the MyOSMC remotes menu tells kodi how to interpret commands from a harmony remote.

I think what I'm missing is telling the harmony to send Bluetooth keyboard commands to the Pi (in which case CEC is irrelevant), or telling it how to send IR commands via the Tv's and CEC.

How exactly did you configure your Pi as a device? Is what make and model did you use?

Thank you

8. mrkruger2

mrkruger2
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey,

I literally just did this today, from my phone (using the Android app)

1. Add kodi to Harmony: add a new device, the manufacturer is "Apple" (don't ask me why) and the model name is "kodi".
    2. choose the device and press any button (like "info")
    3. the app will say you need to bluetooth pair. It puts the hub in pairing mode.
    4. Then In OSMC, go to MyOSMC -> Network, enable bluetooth and search for devices, it should find a Harmony Keyboard
    5. Pair.

Viola!

9. 28061

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Thank you for the reply. :) I actually managed to get it working but forgot to update the thread, although I don't remember how I did it...