Harmony Elite, 950, Companion

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Trying to work out whether it's worth that much to me. I turned my nose up at the Ultimate at £85, and my 650 is fine for my needs – this would be another £100 on top of the cost to replace that.

But I do fancy some new gadgetry...

I've been happy with the Ultimate but can't resist at this price. Does anyone know if the profile can transfer from Ultimate to Elite?

Thats a great price. I ordered last week at £179 but haven't opened it yet so have just ordered and will send back the original. Thanks again

Yeah great price.. I have been through the whole harmony remotes and would only swap the elite for the 1100. The button placement on the elite is worth the upgrade from the ultimate..

I've decided that while it's clearly a great price for what it is, it's not a great price for the use I'd get from it, which would still be controlling just four devices with three activities. My 650 will continue to suffice.

Wish I'd gone for the umpteen Ultimate lightning deals at £85 now, though.

The only point in getting these is if you want control without line of sight.
Most people don't so the 650 is fine.

I know. I don't have that need. But I am conscious that my 650 is three years old now and the last one didn't last two, so would be nice to have a back-up in case it does go, as I've no idea where all the original remotes are. But another 650 would fit that brief, for a fraction of the cost. But it wouldn't be new and shiny like an Ultimate or Elite would have been.

The only point in getting these is if you want control without line of sight.
Most people don't so the 650 is fine.

Not just out of sight devices. If you have additional home automated kit then these remotes work are better as the 650 cant control those.

But it wouldn't be new and shiny like an Ultimate or Elite would have been.
One thing that does NOT apply to the Elite and Ultimate is "shiny"!
They're quite dull in comparison with the 650.

Harmony Elite on Amazon Prime deal for £139! Be quick!!

Edit: Oops, already spotted!

Anyone using an Elite or 950 with a Raspberry Pi?

With the Harmony One+ the Pi uses HDMI-CEC to control Kodi. With the Elite i cant get the remote to send any commands to the TV. I have switched the input on the TV and Kodi (which isnt actually a proper device) to Remote only yet still nothing. I dont see the red RF flash on my Samsung tv.

There must be a way to get it to work?

I use a harmony elite with a flirc to control my HTPC. Works well with Kodi and costs around 20 to 25. You just need a free USB port and saves any messing around.

I got it working in the end. For some reason when it copied my settings over from my Harmony One+ the configuration for this activity was messed up and my remote buttons were sending commands to my Denon AVR rather than the Samsung TV. I deleted the activity and recreated it and swapped the buttons about and it now works as expected.

So my Elite arrived and very happy with it. Just fine tuning the programme. My watch TV setting is TV on, switch to HDMI1, Sky Q on and Av receiver on switch to Cbl/Sat input. Unfortunately though as AV receiver comes on at same time as the TV, the TV auto switches the sound setting on the av receiver to TV audio (presumably because of the way I have arc set up). Would prefer to have ARC working for when I watch Netflix or Amazon.

Is there any way to delay the Av receiver switch on so it overrides the TV trying to switch to TV Audio?

Ok, I was loving my Elite, but I have upgraded my amp from a Pioneer VSX-922 to a VSX 930 and now I have a problem. The new amp seems slower to start up and when starting an activity, the change HDMI input command is being sent too soon. If I was last playing on the PS4 for instance, when I then start the Xbox One from a powered off state, the HDMI input remains set to the PS4. If I change activities without powering off in between everything is fine.

I have tried adding a delay to my start-up sequences, but it won't then let me reorder to insert the delay before the HDMI input command is sent. Help!

Increase the "power on" delay for the amp? (You can do this directly on the remote - Menu - Settings - Devices - Delay Settings)

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems to have sorted it. Thanks!

Is about 3 days use out of the Elites battery without keeping it in the charger about right?
What is the best way to manage it, keep in charger at the end of every day?
Any other settings that can save battery?

Had read that the battery isn't great. When I have finished with it it goes in the cradle, so battery really not an issue.

Battery is rather weak since the thing hardly survives more than 3 days without a top up, even if you don't use it, it seems. I wonder what's consuming so much power while idle, possibly the motion sensor.
However this is totally fine as the cradle design is really well done. You just need to drop the remote in there and it charges.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom