Bargain Expired Harmony Elite £115.99

They haven't done anything since so I guess they can't improve on it.

They haven't done anything since so I guess they can't improve on it.
Continuous improvement is difficult. Glad I came in at the end instead of the start as I'd probably be on my 5th one by now.

How easy are they to configure? I've read contrasting reports.

How easy are they to configure? I've read contrasting reports.
Pretty straight-forward I would imagine. Google "Harmony Elite Reviews" and read what independent reviewers say. You don't say what kit you have but Logitech have a huge database so it would be odd if yours wasn't listed.

My Loewe Bild 7.55 isn't listed but the larger 7.65 is so the electronics will be the same. I don't anticipate having any problems but I'm coming from the more complex Pronto.

Mine is probably the fifth one!
There's no problem about configuring.

Just ordered one of these on Amazon Warehouse. Not really looked into them properly. I am having CEC/ARC issues so I am hoping this will get everything working properly together.

First thing to do - turn off HDMI-CEC!

It turned up today. It was a bit daunting with everything unboxed. Besides some brief sync issues and the firmware update stalling... I eventually got it working.

The app is surprisingly well layed out and simple to setup. I actually find it easier to use than the remote. Now everything is set up and arranged in a simple order the remote has now become far more handy.

Had a tinker with the Blu-ray player buttons and got the Eject and Info display mapped to the Harmony remote, so seems everything has the basics on the controller that I frequently use.

The only odd thing I haven't worked out yet is Amazon Prime, the remote back button has to be held down to go back a page. By no means a big issue, just annoying. I guess there'll be a way to change that once I fully get the hang of it.

What Activities do you have, with what Devices?

What Activities do you have, with what Devices?
Watch Netflix
Watch Amazon Prime
Watch a 4K Blu-ray
Play Xbox One X
Play PS4 Pro

The consoles setup isn't anything too fancy.

It's only been a day, but I love it already. So previously juggling between TV inputs, apps and then the receiver's inputs, doing this with different remotes, trying to get ARC to play ball consistently. It was a pain. Now it's pretty damn seamless.

This Harmony Elite gives far more options than I expected.

As an example I have an activity setup for Netflix, upon selecting to Watch Netflix on the Harmony, this triggers a sequence of button presses for different IR signals/devices. It powers on the TV, launches Netflix, powers on the receiver, switch to TV ARC input.

So far there are no issues with ARC, hopefully because it's technically manually switching rather than relying on CEC to do that job. I think I have CEC/VieraLink disabled, but if those issues come back I am hoping Optical will be the solution.

My favourite thing is just the sheer level of customisation. So on the one Harmony remote there is a typical Info button. I have a single press of this button set to show me the info for the Netflix stream, and I have a long press of the same button linked to my Yamaha receiver. This is the bit I really like - I didn't realise you can set a sequence of button presses. I often like to check what audio format is being played on the receiver's display. This requires 2x Info button presses and 1 hit of the Enter button on the Yamaha remote. Literally that sequence of presses is now tied to the Harmony info button (long-press) so I get the desired result from one push now.

I couldn't find a way to copy saved sequences like that to other acvities. Is that possible or do you have to just repeat the process for each activity?

Thank you. Sequences are specific to Activity.

Thank you. Sequences are specific to Activity.
Any tips you'd recommend for a new owner?

I'd like to get some TV bias lighting setup with it. Do you know of any that will work the Harmony remote? I'm hoping for something supported on the cheap.

I think I've got it setup pretty well atm, only minor annoyance is you can't seem to copy commands/sequences between activities. That could really speed up the whole setup process.

Philips Hue is specifically catered for.
Don't you have a basic TV Activity?
That would do Prime and Netflix.
It's a fact of life that Sequences go with Activities.

Philips Hue is specifically catered for.
Don't you have a basic TV Activity?
That would do Prime and Netflix.
It's a fact of life that Sequences go with Activities.
I suppose it'd be possible to pin my favourite TV apps to the Panasonic TV home screen and make an activity for that.

I use Netflix and Amazon that often it's probably handy to just dive straight in with a dedicated activity for each.

Regarding the lights, I think the Phillips Hue option is too expensive. I was more wondering if it would be possible to get cheap bias lights and try and use the light's remote to programme them into the Harmony?

I did see a couple YouTube videos that suggest it can be done, but I am not sure which lights to go for - the type of remote for the lights seems to be a factor.

Anything that's controlled by IR can be controlled by Harmony.

@logiciel I get the impression you're a long time owner of a Harmony remote. So you may be able to offer some input here.

I encountered a crash earlier where the touch screen locked up and the remote became unresponsive. It appeared to reboot itself after a few seconds.

I'd just like to know if that's anything to worry about, or just something that may happen every once in a while?

I'm probably a little on the paranoid side as I got it on an Amazon Warehouse deal - which potentially makes it a customer return/refurb. Given the condition I think it's likely new, just with a marked box.

Sure am - had them all!
It's unusual but nothing to worry about.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
£120 today only Amazon, bargain!

£79.99 at currys now

I was about to order it but cannot find it on their site. It comes up in the search box as a suggestion at that price but link goes nowhere...maybe sold out?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Harmony Elite back at £115.99 at Amazon again.

Bought one to replace my Touch, seemed a good deal.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom