• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Harmony Database List

WhiteChristmas

I understand this is pretty unlikey but is there a list of ALL the devices the Logitech remotes include?

I'm only asking because I wanted to look to see what alternatives I could use for my media center pc (I currently have a Cyberlink remote). Typing in the model "Windows Media Center" doesn't elicit any response from the PC. I know I can teach the Harmony 555 from the Cyberlink but for a start the Cyberlink doesn't have a "Guide" button that brings up the guide so was wondering if there was another remote I could pretend to have. Or doesn't it work that way?

Also, can I use eventghost with the remote so that I can use it to open iPlayer, etc?

logiciel

WhiteChristmas

http://myremotesetup.com/EasyZapper/New/Main.asp

I don't think you'll find commands in the database that the original remote doesn't have.

Thanks for the quick response, however what I meant was an actual list of the devices the remote supports so that I can choose one. As I don't know what remote models there are I can't input the model number (and googling hasn't really helped). I'm sure the original remote would have a guide button so was hoping to fool the remote into giving me all the features the original MS remote has - if you know what I mean.

logiciel

I get you now.:D
If there was a list you still wouldn't know what commands any entry had.
The thing to do is to ask Logitech support if they can find the commands you need.
Logi.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I could do with a list of devices as well as the software isn't recognising a couple of my devices. I can't believe it expects me to teach it the commands for my BD35 blu-ray player :(

logiciel

It doesn't - as I've just said in your other post it's trying to compare three commands with base entries.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Yes sorry, I was getting wound up for nothing I think! Mind you, if the software had told me why it wanted me to do it then I might have stayed calmer :D

logiciel

That's OK, and yes, one part or another of the software gives every user that feeling from time time!
Logitech seem unable to understand how annoying it is - of course it's too late once you've bought your Harmony!
If they thought it might stop people buying then they might change it.
There's always AVF to come to for information though - and their own forum for what it's worth.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
That's OK, and yes, one part or another of the software gives every user that feeling from time time!
Logitech seem unable to understand how annoying it is - of course it's too late once you've bought your Harmony!
If they thought it might stop people buying then they might change it.
There's always AVF to come to for information though - and their own forum for what it's worth.

Indeed, and as long as there's knowledgeable people like you willing to help then we should all be OK :thumbsup:

I had £60 worth of Currys Vouchers to spend and noticed the 700 was just under £70 at Currys so I bought it yesterday - in effect it only cost me just under a tenner, so I can't grumble!!

Once you get past the initial annoying bits of not being able to find the right devices then it does become easier.

logiciel

That was an excellent buy, and as in the other thread feel free to ask if anything at all arises.
Logi.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom