Harmony - context sensitive menu

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by tenohfive, Apr 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. tenohfive

tenohfive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I've just added a Roku Stick+ to my setup and have come across a slight quirk that I can't figure out with the Harmony Elite.

The TV (Sony XE93) has an Action Menu button which pulls up a context sensitive menu - I mainly use it when in a streaming app and it gives me the option to adjust picture settings, or allow for Cast etc. It's a hovering menu overlays over the main picture.

The issue comes when using the Roku. I've set a button on the Harmony to pull up Action Menu on the Sony TV which works, but when I try to scroll through that menu the direction buttons just control the Roku - so I can't select anything within the TV Action Menu. Obviously for the short term I want the Harmony to use the up/down/left/right/OK buttons to control the TV, not the Roku, before defaulting back to the Roku.

I can't work out a way around this but I feel like there should be a way of doing it or coming up with a workaround. Anyone come across similar?

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,753
    Obviously buttons can't control more than one device in an Activity.
    So either put the commands for the second device on to spare or screen buttons in the Activity or have two separate Activities.

3. tenohfive

tenohfive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Screen buttons should work - good shout, ta.