Harmony compatibiltiy list?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Scruffie, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Scruffie

Scruffie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Where can i find a list of what devices the Harmony range of remotes are compatible with?
    Thinking of getting the 555 model but only if it can be used with my Yamaha RX-V461 amp and Tevion lcd tv. Its more the compatabity with my tv i'm worried about .

Full list
    Tevion 32" LCD tv MD31134
    Yamaha RX-V461 amp
    xbox 360
    plustron (?) dvd player

2. UglyChild uk

UglyChild uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Just ran them all through the 'Add a Device' on the Harmony software. They are all there so should be no problem at all.

3. Scruffie

Scruffie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for that. From a search through this forum i found metion that you can sign up to the harmony website and do a test run of all your equipment but no link was provided. Is it true or not?

4. UglyChild uk

UglyChild uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I honestly don't know as I haven't heard of it myself. Someone should be along shortly to let you know though. All I can say is when I ran your kit through it was definately recognised so will really be no problems at all.

Also it's worth baring in mind that even if something wasn't on the data base you can 'teach' your Harmony remote by using your original remote.

5. timfg

timfg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Unless someone points you elsewhere - my finding was that you can download and install the software, but couldn't get to the meat of it without plugging in your new Harmony remote.... So I bit the bullet and bought a 555. The db appears to cover everything in existence though (it's essentially user driven), you can learn from the original remote and the Canadian support unit is utterly fantastic - will spend hours with you making it work, if that's what needed. I really struggle to understand how Logitech make short-term money out of the Harmonys - perhaps the business plan doesn't show profit until they've achieved world-domination...