Harmony Compatibility List?

lostbok

Established Member
Reaction score
Apols if this has been posted dozens of times.... but I couldn't find it in any searches or in the FAQ:

They claim compatibility with "175,000" devices...." but where's the list?

If I'm only looking to 5 or 6 devices, and really not interested in any extra wireless relay, colour screens or touch screens, then I'm guessing I just need to choose the 525 or 555?

The battery indicator might be nice, but it's a £60 jump from a 555 to a 785: all for that one extra feature (well, the only one that I'll use!), so I think I'd rather just have the "hassle" of keeping a few spare batteries around...

I think it's judt the 525 that I'm after, but I'd like to see a compatibility list first...

A compatability list isn't realy relevent. The Harmony is a learning remote, so even if a device isn't in the database(unlikely), you can just learn the commands from your factory remote.

That said, you can check your devices by downloading the software and selecting "cancel" when it asks you to connect the remote. It will then go in to a "demo" mode where you can check the basic setup process and enter your devices.

thanks - I realised tha th learning thing would probably allow things to work, but would prefer if most of the functions are supported out of the box.

I'll give that a try - I was tempted to last night, but wasn't sure if it would et me see a list of devices without a remote plugged in..

if you don't have a remote plugged in, then won't let you through...

You can not access the device DB without having the remote connected. I've just tried it.....

never mind - I prefer the styling on the 525, so ordered one of those... arrives today.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom