1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harmony and Telewest

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Animal, May 14, 2005.

1. Animal

Animal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I think I’m going to take the plunge and buy a Harmony 655. However, there is one problem that I’d appreciate a bit of help with. I’ve got a Telewest box that uses the IRDA standard, and from other posts I understand that in order to get it to work I will need to purchase a red-eye device. However, if the Telewest remote is not supported by the Harmony, how am I going to program the Harmony to mimic it (if you see what I mean). Thanks for any advice.

2. willsy2

willsy2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I've just bought a Home Theatre for Dummies remote from ASDA, and that controls my Pace Telewest Digital box, makes me wonder whether the boxes are solely IRDA or are they capable of using both standards, as i wouldn't have thought a £15 odd remote would have dual standard capability. Have youlooked at the compatability chart for the Harmony?

3. Animal

Animal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks willsy2. I think it depends on the version of the Telewest box that you have and I’m pretty sure that mine will have problems as the remote is specifically listed on the redeye site. Anyway I’ve just received a 655 from CCL computers (£50 + p&p , superb service and arrived within 2 days even though I chose the ‘cheapskate’ delivery option).

http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?id=3360

I will have a play tonight.

4. willsy2

willsy2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    My box is listed on the Redeye site as well. That's why i was so surprised when the One-for-all worked.