• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Answered Harmony and Sony TV

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
been using harmony remotes for ages (elite, ultimate, touch and companion) with little trouble other than the odd tweak here and there. Recently upgraded my tv from Panasonic to Sony and now my elite / companion is struggling to turn the Sony on, this then plays havoc with the rest of the activity.

I use the ir blasters to turn the tv on and it's very hit and miss. It's almost as if the Sony goes into a deep sleep when left over night as it never responds on first start up.

Looking for anyone's else's experiences with this or any pointers, thanks.

Start tv activity

Sony tv on
Soundbar on
Sky q on
Soundbar hdmi1
Sony tv hdmi 3

logiciel

Try it with the command direct from remote to TV, instead of through the IR extender.

logiciel

You're welcome - do let us know and we'll take it from there if needs be.

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
I recently took my Elite out of the living room and was just using a companion but I've now set the elite back up in the living room so I can try this. It did work on first try but the real test is first thing in the morning so I'll let you know

logiciel

You're both very welcome!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom