Harmony and Sky's Radio Channels.

ian watson

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi.

Since Sky has recently renumbered the radio channels (all radio starts with a 0)we cant get them to work using the favourite channel (media) button.

Eg. Radio 1 is now on 0101, but if you enter this into the remote, you get 101 (BBC1) because they take the 0 off.

Ian

jamcunn said:
i get the same prob, anyone got any suggestions ?

The harmony website/software needs to allow leading 0's on channel numbers.

Ian

Same issue here - I've also input this into Logitech's tech support, hopefully we'll get an update soon.

Logitech's answer:

-------------------------------------------
I have made some adjustments to the Radio activity by adding each number command separately to ensure that the 0 is sent to your satellite. Please update your remote and test the changes made. If this works, please do the same for each similar activity.

In the Activity Setup wizard, when you reach the screen to enter the channel you want your Satellite to tune to, please choose the first option "Send this infrared command" and select the appropriate number command, as many times as needed (4 times, in your case).
-------------------------------------------

Have tried it and it works - hopefully they'll sort out a better solution soon.

Ian

That's what I did and it works ok. I also set it to switch back to 101 when I switch off so I don't get Zane Lo blasting out in the evening. :)

PR. said:
That's what I did and it works ok. I also set it to switch back to 101 when I switch off so I don't get Zane Lo blasting out in the evening. :)
How do you do that - i also heard someone mention a activity starting channel too... i guess thats in the same place....

Thanks
Josh

I currently have a problem adding Fav Channels for Sky - not radio but BBC1, BBC2 etc.

I have spoken to Logitech Support and they confirmed that the fixes that they have been trying for Sky Radio have buggered the rest up. They anticipate a fix by 21st March.

If you have existing Fav Channels you will be okay. But if you try to add new or modify existing ones it won't work - not for video anyway.

Cheers,

Nigel

My error

It was because I had named the activity "Watch Sky+".

The Fav Channels doesn't like actities with non alphanumeric characters.

Changed it to "Watch Sky" and all is fine.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom