Harmony and Pio PDPs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by kryten22uk, Mar 10, 2006.

1. kryten22uk

kryten22uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    What time delay do you guys have on your harmony for selecting inputs on your PDP (be it 434, 435 or 436) when choosing an Activity when the screen is turned off?

Mine works with 1000ms when the screen is on, but I have to increase this to 5000ms if the screen is off, otherwise it will miss the signal to turn to the correct input.

5000ms is 5seconds, which is easily enough time to accidentally put the remote somewhere that the signal gets blocked. so bit annoying.

2. kamaran

kamaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I dont have a time delay on mine, just get it to turn the TV on then do some other bits and then switch input

ie:

Scientific Atlanta Digital Set Top Box Scientific Atlanta Digital Set Top Box is on
    Pioneer TV Pioneer TV is on
    Pioneer AV Receiver Pioneer AV Receiver is on
    Other All other devices are off
    Digital Set Top Box Digital Set Top Box is set to "Tuner"
    TV TV is set to "Input 1"
    AV Receiver AV Receiver is set to "DVR/VCR"
    AV Receiver "AutoSurround" command is sent to the AV Receiver

3. kryten22uk

kryten22uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Presumably that means you have it still set to the default (of around 2000ms). I dont know how to change the order in which it does the operations, but I dont think it makesa difference, because everything seems to turn on instantly, and hence the default 2000ms pause on the TV input is always last.