Harmony Activity Images

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Gibbo the Geek, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Gibbo the Geek

Gibbo the Geek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hello, I'm sure this has been covered a million times but I can't seem to find anything. Is it possible to set the activity images?

I have a popcorn hour for films etc, and due to the fact that the auto activities are very strict i've manually setup some of my activities such as watch popcorn hour on my harmony 885. Unfortunately these setups have no image on the activity button? is there a way of telling it to use one, such as the tub of popcorn that is used for watch a DVD standard activity?

2. clockworks

clockworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    You can't change the icon, but I'm surprised you managed to create an activity that has no icon at all. Didn't know that was possible?

If you want to use the "DVD" popcorn icon, just create a "watch DVD" activity, but manually reassign the buttons to use the popcorn hour's codes. You'll need to add the popcorn hour device to the new activity, or the codes won't be available.

3. Gibbo the Geek

Gibbo the Geek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If you create your own activities then they have no icon, I was forced to do this for several things as the harmony setup is too strict with its regulations etc. It requires that you tell it which input you want things on when they don't have inputs. Most annoying.

Although I have now created a new one and picked any old input, because it doesn't have them, it doesn't actually make a difference.

It just seems odd that you can't assign your own icons.

4. clockworks

clockworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Got to agree that it's a bit annoying.
    I'm just now reconfiguring my old 885 to run a second AV setup for PC, TV and PS3. Trying to convince it that I want to "listen to radio" using the Freeview tuner in my Samsung TV/monitor is proving tricky. It insists that I need to use the tuner in my AV receiver!

5. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,777
    clockworks - I use ListenToMusic (....Satellite TV) for your purpose - it gives you a dish with your musical notes - but does that matter all that much?!
    gibbo - Those superfluous input questions don't matter, you can tell them anything - and any Activity is better than a Utility one.

6. Gibbo the Geek

Gibbo the Geek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Cheers for the responses. It was more a case of that's how my remote was setup, (with a little help from teh very helpfull logitech support). Just meant that I've had to redo my activities to get it looking how I want.

Seems like a simple thing is lacking from a truly great piece of kit!

7. simonf7

simonf7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    Definitely a shame they didn't extend the functionality of being able to upload icons for favourite channels to activities and buttons as well :(

Si