For Sale Harmony 900 Universal Remote

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Rebel154, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Rebel154

Rebel154

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have just upgraded to a Harmony Elite (thanks to Amazon Black Friday deal) and therefore this well used and loved Harmony 900 is surplus to requirements.

I've owned it for a few years (I went back through my accounts but cannot find when I purchased it - I thought it was from Amazon but no record there). It has been in daily use controlling my TV viewing equipment.

There are a few issues. Firstly, the tilt sensor has just about failed (a common fault apparently). To get the backlights on, you need to either shake the remote quite hard or (best option) touch the screen to wake it up.

Secondly, the Volume, Directional and OK button markings are worn through use (please see the pictures). I did try colouring the back of the buttons with a black marker while I had the remote apart to try and fix the tilt switch thingy (can't be done) but it didn't really make much difference.

Thirdly, there are some scratch marks on the reverse from where it has been laid and moved about on the chairside table (please see photographs).

Finally, it is sometimes reluctant to connect to a PC when the USB lead is plugged in. Of the 8 easily accessible USB ports on my PC, the most consistent connections are via my Dell monitor's 2 USB ports. Incidentally, the included USB lead is not the original as I can't seem to find it.

Now for the good bits. The IR Extender and mini blasters are completely unused. I never had the need for them so they remained in the box untouched (until taking them out today for the photographs). All the original paperwork is present as is the Harmony software for customising the remote (there is a newer version - v7.7.0 - available for download). The remote can also be configured via a web interface but I found the desktop software better to use.

The charging tray is in excellent condition with barely a mark on it and the original battery still charges OK. I've no idea how long it lasts because my missus always puts the remote back on the tray at bedtime!

Everything is packed into the original box.

Asking £50 plus either £4.00 for 2nd Class Signed For or £6.60 for 1st Class Signed For postage. Payment via bank transfer or PayPal Gift only please

Harmony 900_1.jpg Harmony 900_2.jpg Harmony 900_3.jpg Harmony 900_4.jpg Harmony 900_6.jpg Harmony 900_7.jpg Harmony 900_8.jpg Harmony 900_9.jpg Harmony 900_10.jpg Harmony 900_12.jpg

Price and currency: 50
    Delivery: Delivery cost is not included
    Payment method: Bank Transfer or PayPal Gift only please
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I have no preference

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. Rebel154

Rebel154

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I'm open to any sensible offers.