Question Harmony 900 setup

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by zabidou, Jun 10, 2015.

1. zabidou

zabidou
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have a Harmony 900 that I initially setup years ago ( prob like 6-7 years at least). It still works fine but I think that my initial setup was not the ideal one. Anyhow, im moving in a few weeks and trying to figure out my setup in the new house.

Im hoping someone can help me...

All I have is a receiver and a Bell PVR that will be hidden in a walk in closet.

- I'm wondering if i should have the RF blaster ( the big one... Is that how it's called?) fixed to my living room wall with a small hole in the wall that feeds to my walk-in closet with two mini blasters for my 2 components OR would simply putting the main blaster in the walk in closet work as well? ( without the 2 small blasters) BUT this way the remote would have to go "thru" a wall to communicate with the main blaster ( according to logitech it does not go thru wall but cabinets only right?)

Thanks for your help
    Dan

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,788
    Hi Dan and welcome to the forum.
    The blaster should work fine in the closet.

3. zabidou

zabidou
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

Does the blaster have to be facing a certain way for the components to turn on or it doesn't really matter. In my initial setup I had my 2 mini blasters facing the front of the components, but the new setup I would end up having both components on top of each other and the blaster fixed to the walk-in wall OVER the components

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
  4. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,788
    It should strong enough to not matter.
    But just try it.