Harmony 900 and Sky Q,...

dar2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Had my 900 a long time now, but still very happy with it. Recently I upgraded to Sky Q and have the 900 controlling it fine.

What I'm finding impossible to do however, is combining Sky Q commands into a single key press.

Previously (on Sky HD etc.) learning IR commands in RAW format allowed me to combine several key presses into a single command on the 900, e.g:- to turn subtitles on/off. With Sky Q however, it is so far proving impossible to combine commands successfully. Even something as simple as learning the 'Guide' command as "SkyQ: Home, down arrow", just two commands, proves elusive, even in RAW format.

Has anyone here had success with learning multiple commands with Sky Q?

Thanks in advance.

Rather than learning IR codes, could you not create a sequence and then map it to a button using the Harmony software? That’s what I did with my 650 and later the Elite.

Sadly the Harmony software for the 900 doesn't support sequences:(

Sadly the Harmony software for the 900 doesn't support sequences:(

Hi Dar I have just got Skyq and am trying to add it as a new device to be controlled by my 900 which I see you have done. Guessing you are using the old harmony software 7.7.0?
If you are can you tell me what sky Q is listed under as I can't find sky Q in the manufacturer drop down. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi 'The Foot', only just seen this question, but hope you have managed to resolve this by now.

I now use a Harmony Elite to control my home theatre in one room, but a 900 in another room. You should be able to find a compatible Sky device in the software, but for me, I learned (raw) each of the Sky Q commands from the original Sky Q remote onto the 900.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom