Harmony 895 & Sky sending 3 button presses?

ghost5

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had my remote for a few months now and all has been working well until a couple of weeks ago.

When I press the directional buttons (up, down, left, right) with Sky it will send 3 presses instead of just moving once.

I have tried changing the setting for when its not responding to 0, 1 & 3 but none of them seem to make a difference. (default is 0), and I have tried a key delay of 100 ms

Like I said it was all working well for a couple of months. It started acting like this around the same time as I added 2 Z-wave devices.

Im using the 895 remote with the wireless extender and a Thompson Sky HD box. All of devices work fine.

Does anyone know of any more settings I can change?

Thanks

I've had my remote for a few months now and all has been working well until a couple of weeks ago.

When I press the directional buttons (up, down, left, right) with Sky it will send 3 presses instead of just moving once.

I have tried changing the setting for when its not responding to 0, 1 & 3 but none of them seem to make a difference. (default is 0), and I have tried a key delay of 100 ms

Like I said it was all working well for a couple of months. It started acting like this around the same time as I added 2 Z-wave devices.

Im using the 895 remote with the wireless extender and a Thompson Sky HD box. All of devices work fine.

Does anyone know of any more settings I can change?

Thanks

1) Do a safe firmware update (even if you have the latest version)

If this does not work

2) Use RAW learn and teach your remote the codes from your Sky remote (set up a new device e.g. HD box 2

If this does not work

3) E-mail Logitech support, tell them you have done all the above and they will fix it

Mark

I've just deleted the 2 Z-wave devices and the Sky buttons are now working fine

Is this a known problem?

The Z wave devices are the home seer lamp modules.

I've just deleted the 2 Z-wave devices and the Sky buttons are now working fine

Is this a known problem?

The Z wave devices are the home seer lamp modules.

Not sure if, it is a known problem (although logtich know of my problem - same as yours) - I had Z-wave devices as well.

Logitech fixed my issue and the I kept the Z-Wave device on the config.

But, they made me try steps 1 & 2 in my earlier post before they steped in and did the doing

Mark

well since i removed the Z-wave devices it has been hit and miss with the 3 button press.

I don't think the RF base is overheating as it only happens with my sky, I do use the blaster rather than ir ports.

After keep changing settings on my remote set up I just end up going round in circles so later in the week I will try

1) a firmware update
2) learning RAW for sky
3) wiping everything and starting from scratch (maybe)

Thanks

Did you manage to solve this as I am having the same problem.

Direction & coloured buttons react 3 times while the numeric and transport buttons are ok...

Hope you did as I'm not sure I've got the energy to speak to Logitech customer service :rolleyes:

In Troubleshoot select "device responds too many...." and try out the 0-5 settings - 1 should be the best.

OK.
Looks like you're going to have to build up some energy then.

I am having the same problem. Been on to Logitech engineer and he said its a known problem and hopefully will be sorted soon.
Its a problem with the RF unit.
I have given up trying to sort it, If I use it via ir, it is perfect :mad:
If anyone has any idea's please let me know.
Apart from this it is fantastic (apart from the small, badly lit buttons - but thats probably my age !)

It's taken about 20 emails to logitech but I am now at a point where 1 button press = 1 movement.
Unfortunately it won't continually scroll with the button held down which is a bit of a pain but I've been too busy to get back to them to sort this.

I've setup two of these for customers in the last few weeks, one didn't have the problem at all and the other one Logitech had working perfectly in about 20 minutes.
The odd thing is I then cloned one of the working accounts and downloaded it onto mine - same problem :confused: :confused:

Chris i think it is the firmware in the base that is the issue not the commmands as i had similar issues with an bundle of 1000's I wish i hadn't updated my remote at home now but it needed it tweaking and while updating 7 others it seemed logical at the time :p how wrong i was...........

Yeah, according to the tier 2 guys at Logitech it is a recent firmware issue in the wireless extender.

The customer's that was fixed in about 20 mins involved the support guy "manually converting" the raw codes I'd learnt from the original remote which fixed it straight away, I asked him to do the same to my account and it didn't work.

I've done a few 1000's and not had any problems at all, it's seems strange that if it's firmware it should be so hit & miss :rolleyes:

As a plus for Logitech their tier 2 support is excellent :thumbsup:

Agree support are good but getting through can be a pain and when your in a dodgy phonesignal area it can be a real pain I wish they gave ius access to what they see (As trained dealers) would save them loads of time and money)

Same problem here, it's done it since day 1 for me.

I find that actually pressing the key for a little longer sometimes helps the situation, but a proper fix would be very useful.

That recent firmware update caused a few problems for me too and logitech don't seem to be too worried about getting a fix sorted out too quickly.

I had the same problem with my Harmony remote, only difference was that I got 2 lines with one press instead of 3 on my sky box.

I got on to Harmony via email and they sorted it out by changing the device type on my online remote setup account. It took them a while, but they sorted it eventually and has worked fine ever since

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom