Harmony 895 Shipped!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by churchwa, Mar 14, 2006.

1. churchwa

churchwa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Finally, after 2 months of waiting it has shipped, i just hope it is as good as all you guys say it is. (Komplett)

2. pd33

pd33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Please post some info if you get chance - your experiences with it, ideally some photos! I would like to know if it has wired wands that plug into the RF base that then stick to the front of all the kit?

3. churchwa

churchwa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    As soon as I get it i will post some thought.

I too am wondering about the wands, I have a Keene IR blaster at the moment and would love to replace it with the harmony system.

4. pd33

pd33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Sorry, misread shipped as arrived - in all the excitement!
    How do you find the Keane stuff? That is all IR based and not RF isn't it?
    I need to get rid of having 4/5 remotes and get round the 'everything is in a cabinet with the door closed' situation so I'm hoping this beats that!

5. churchwa

churchwa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The keene stuff has been great, i have had no problems at all with it. It does exactly what it says on the box, if you know what i mean.

The remote has been delivered at home, so I shall be setting it up tonight. :)

I cannot wait to get rid of my 6 remotes :)

6. Jonesthegas

Jonesthegas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Mine's on its way too for £165 inc. delivery:)

Martin

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    it has 4 wired IR outputs and 4 Wands! You guys dont seem to know alot about this as you have ordered already!

8. churchwa

churchwa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    HAHA, honeydragon. Too true, but it is fun. BTW it comes with 8 wands, not 4. ;) 4 sockets in the reciever with each cable with 4 ends.

Anyway, it does come with 4 wants, but Komplett only send 1 euro plug adaptor, but the unit needs 2. One for the Remote and one for the IR blaster.

I have just got home so I have not set it up yet. I will report back when i have had more of a play.

9. jrussell26

jrussell26
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Received my 895 yesterday, spent 3 hours trying to set the damn thing up. The software it is supplied with seems fairly flaky.

Also, the RF receiver doesn't seem to do anything currently even though I have paired it with the remote and downloaded all my settings to it. Does nyone know if the receiver itself has any IR outputs or does it rely solely on the wands?

Not that impressed so far.

How is everyone else finding it?

10. churchwa

churchwa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I too am having problems. Everytime i try to add a device it says "Unable to display content." I have to wait until 2pm because tech support is in Canada.

It does have it's own IR out. You have to select if you want the remote or the reciever to transmit the IR signal. It is in the Devices, and then select control devices with.

11. jrussell26

jrussell26
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also received the cannot display content message when I was trying to use an existing account I had created earlier. I solved the problem by setting up a brand new account and inputting all my devices again. Tiresome, but got there in the end.

12. pd33

pd33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Sounds like I should wait a while. When I asked Komplett why the delay in shipping them - they said there had been software issues...sounds like they aren't yet fixed!

Horny> You've obviously seen one but the info out there is fairly scant so it is understandable that people don't know all the info...mind you - I would want to before I ordered hence my questions on here.

13. churchwa

churchwa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    UPDATE, Having sorted a few setup issues (mostly down to not restarting my computer and the website thinking i was still a demo user) the 895 does exactly what it should. It is a great product.

It is not as good as the Sky+ remote, but then it has to do so much more. I can finally put away all my other remotes.

Dont hesitate to ask any more questions.

Down side, the screen is like the Sony Ericsson T68 mobile.

14. jrussell26

jrussell26
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you using your Harmony with a Sky+ box? If you are has anyone worked out how to ge it to switch off?

15. churchwa

churchwa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I am, i selected PVR, Pace and then typed in Sky+.

Seems to work fine.

16. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I told it i had a satellite. When it wanted a make i said it was a skyplus, and model number I just typed Pace. It works fine except for there was no back-up button so I told it to use the exit button as back-up.

I'm now having trouble updating it. Keep getting the cannot display content message i had in the first place.

17. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By the way, i ordered mine on Xmas day and only recieved it last week!

18. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    it was only shipped to the UK in the last 2 weeks (its your retailer that shouldnt have advertised it so early)

19. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I hate it when products are advertised more than 6 months in advance of release!

I'm considering the 895 but I am concerned about non uk plugs, I always prefer items that are plugged in long term to not go through adaptors.

Steve

20. The_Censor

The_Censor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Steve

If I order the 885 or 895 from Komplett, will they both have non uk plugs that require adapters?

If so, where could I buy an 885 or an 895 that is guaranteed to be the UK version with the UK plug?

Thanks

Stevey.

21. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    According to churchwa earlier in this thread klompett supply 1 euro adaptor when it need 1 for the IR blaster and 1 for the remote docking station. edit: It is a very good price though.

I'm sure it's not a problem but personally I prefer things connected all the time to be directly plugged in since many years ago a shaver adaptor blew on me.

Steve

22. churchwa

churchwa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    They have sent me another adaptor after just one email.

They are not flimsy adaptors. They are proper Uk plugs that the euro plug connects to, you then have to screw it in. It s a perminant soloution, not something that hangs out of the wall.

Many UK products come shipped with plugs like this as standard, it saves costs.

I really would not worry about it.

23. The_Censor

The_Censor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I've only gone and ordered the Harmony 895 from Komplett this morning, also ordered an extra Euro plug adapter, just in case.

24. The_Censor

The_Censor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    See this Komplett.co.uk crowd are apparently based in Coventry - But then I noticed their address is actually a care of -

Komplett.co.uk
    c/o PFWW
    Siskin Parkway West, Middlemarch Business Park
    Coventry CV98 9XX

And according to the DHL website, my order has been shipped but is currently in Amsterdam - So I take it this Komplett company are acually based in Holland??

Ah well, anyone else got something delivered by DHL with them? - Says it will take 2 days - Wednesday then hopefully.

25. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,060
    Thought they were based in Norway myself.

Which always struck me as odd as Norway must be the most expensive place I have ever visited.

Cheers,

Nigel

26. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the time, their website said they were due in stock 4th Jan. This was changed week after week. Early this month the date changed to 3rd April, then i recieved an email last week saying it had been posted.

Really pleased with it though (once set-up). I had to completely reprogram it again yesterday because it wouldn't update.

27. MarkyPancake

MarkyPancake
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,790
    Several years ago when I wanted the Sony STR-DB930 A/V amp and DVP-S725D DVD player I couldn't get the UK models in silver, so ordered them by mail order and was sent Euro models with the same plug set up you described. They have both been plugged in practically all of this time, recently through a surge protector, without any problems.

28. UrbanSurvival

UrbanSurvival

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a word of warning, and something you may be aware of anyway, I was expecting a delivery from DHL the other day, they didn't deliver on the stated date but I had a message the following day to call Patrick at DHL to arrange delivery. Left a mobile number to call and arrange a time.

Slightly strange as it was a pre recorded message when I picked up and as my lovely babyboy was screaming in me ear I couldn't write the number down. Called DHL (local dispatch centre) and they said it was a scam coming from outside the UK. Someone seems to have 'access' to the delievry schedule and making a few quid out of some dodgy international mobile number. Most people would probably twig, but in the excitment of a plasma delievry I probably would have called if I had been able to write down the number, thanks then to the newborn!:D

29. neilball

neilball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +643
    Just got my 895 from Komplett - ordered yesterday afternoon and picked DHL shipping & it arrived this morning! Only got 1 euro adaptor but a quick email has got Komplett sending another FOC.

Took me about 3 hours to get everything set up (95% working in around 30 minutes) including testing & tweaking. All that is left is to set up some macros for simple DVD region changing - my DVD player cannot be set to region 0.

Has anyone found a simple way of creating macros? Is it easiest to create a new Activity for this or set up the commands from the Device menu?

I reckon by the end of the weekend I will be packing away my URC MX3000 colour touchscreen as the 895/hard button style makes things much easier for me to use. It will be interesting to see what my wife makes of the 895 when she tries it later.

So thumbs up to Komplett & Logitech, very impressed with both so far :thumbsup:

30. egraphix

egraphix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    these harmony remotes- are they universal in every remote area? for example can i use this remote for my hdtv, pci digit tv card, logitech z680 speakers from one unit? all these remotes work on different spec IR.

is there some sort of list with definatly compatible items?

for those who've used this remote already- whats the response like- do you have to point it at the device directly (i.e line one sight) ?

and whats the range like?