Harmony 895 Problem

ellchester

I am having problems setting up my Harmony 895 to work with my surround sound system which a a JVC THS9. When I entered the code it recognised it XV-JVCTHS9 and I have set up an activity which seems to work but the commands don't work, play, menu, next chapter, fast forward etc. I spoke with Harmony helpline and they said to teach it commands which I did but they still don't work. Any ideas?

ellchester

Sorry - newbie - what's RAW format?

hornydragon

its the RAW IR code its a different more indepth learning method if you go to the custom options there is an option to learn comand s and in their is how to do it it in RAW form i dont see why it should be an issue for the THS9

ellchester

I'm not sure if it's because there is a sliding switch on the side of the remote for the THS9 saying audio/tv/vcr as it's multi-functioning (althought the originla THS9 one). The sliding switch for AUDIO controls the surround sound system although I don't know hot to let the 895 it's in the audio mode for example as it's not IR, just a sliding switch....

hornydragon

you teach the HArmony by using the OEM remote as you would in reality so if you slide a switch to use, you slide the switch to teach. that slidingswitch can change the behaviour f buttons and if the << and >> buttons have multiple functions depednng on the mode ie TV channel up and down as well as DVD FF and REV that could be your issue

ellchester

I set the switch to audio to teach it which is the right one. Audio up/down works but stop/play/pause/ff/rew don't. They don't seem to have mutliple uses so I'm a bit stuck....

hornydragon

well why would FF/PLAY/Pause work in audio mode? surely it needs to be in DVD or Disc ode for that to work so slide the switch and teach it from DVD mode for Play pause etc

ellchester

No it's a strange controller. As it's for a Home cinema system, the dvd is also the amp. It has three modes AUDIO (whihc is used for the DVD), TV (for if you have a JVC TV0 and VCR (again for a JVC VCR) so everythingfor the surround sound system/dvd is controlled when it is in AUDIO. There is no DVD mode. I thought it was odd too.

ellchester

thanks for your help but I'm obviously being a complete spanner as it's still not working - when I ask it to learn commands it asks for the keypess says detected and then asks again so I'm entering each one twice. Not use if I should be pressing DVD then play or DVD then STOP etc there or what. I'm just being a it thick, I suppose but I'm stumped. Seemed to get it to learn everything else ok.

hornydragon

should only need to select DVD once armed with this info perhaps try ringing support back get teh guys/gals email then send the teh JVC manual

ellchester

No I was being totally thick. I thought it was updating the 895 automatically but i wasn't. I had to go into the UPDATE section of the software and ask it to update. All working now except for a couple of directional keys. Thanks and I said I was just being a spanner....

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom