harmony 895.cheapest?

jayr6666

Hello all,
Thinking about purchasing an 895 and wondered who got the cheapest one and where from?Also,there are many threads here that tell of the "quirkiness"of the set-up and website access,is this true?Oh,and the ir extender has got limited range?Anybody help please?
Cheers.jay.

Dunwa

http://www.komplett.co.uk seem to be the cheapest at £175 + delivery

EDIT : I just noticed that it's on their weekly offers page at £175, but it's been that price for a few weeks now

shoehorn

I bought one from them a couple of weeks ago at £175.
Thought about the ebayers from Germany, but felt more comfortable using Komplett.
FYI it's the European version - which funamentally means no difference (all the labelled buttons are in English), except that the two power plugs (one for the charger and the other for the RF receiver) have UK adaptors on them.

Dunwa

Placed my order for an 895 today. I'd also looked at Ebay on the recommendation of one of the posters here, but the guy recently put his prices up so the saving was negligible

shoehorn

Deepcore said:
Placed my order for an 895 today. I'd also looked at Ebay on the recommendation of one of the posters here, but the guy recently put his prices up so the saving was negligible
It's a great tool!
I'm converted - having been a Pronto user for 5 years or so....
Even SWMBO "likes" it! :eek:

Dunwa

The main reason I bought it was the RF reciver. I now have to lock all my kit away from the TFT (Three foot terror:rotfl: )

Rebel154

Novice Member
shoehorn said:
I bought one from them a couple of weeks ago at £175.
Thought about the ebayers from Germany, but felt more comfortable using Komplett.
FYI it's the European version - which funamentally means no difference (all the labelled buttons are in English), except that the two power plugs (one for the charger and the other for the RF receiver) have UK adaptors on them.
If you don't like them I see no reason why you can't cut the plugs off and re-wire with UK plugs (although I haven't actually done this myself)
I wouldn't do this if I were you as the Europlug contains the voltage transformer. If you wire either the RF unit or the cradle direct to 240 volts, it won't be a pretty sight and your warranty will go up in smoke along with the hardware!:cool:

jayr6666

Thanks guys.Decided to go for the 885 instead as i dont really need rf extender facility,I'll just use sky+ remote upstairs with my video sender.Dont see the point in paying an extra £50 for something I'd rarely use.thanks though.

shoehorn

Rebel154 said:
I wouldn't do this if I were you as the Europlug contains the voltage transformer. If you wire either the RF unit or the cradle direct to 240 volts, it won't be a pretty sight and your warranty will go up in smoke along with the hardware!:cool:
Sorry about that everyone - I've had a look at my "plugs" and as mentioned above it's a trasnformer - have edited my post accordingly :oops: :blush:

Dunwa

Looking more closely at the wording on the Weekly offers it states "Prices this week only" so it might mean the price going back to £198 next week then again it might be a marketing ploy. I guess we'll see in 6 days

Dunwa

Well the 895 arrived yesterday and so far I've been very impressed, I cannot recommend this highly enough. Previously I was using a Nevo for about a year but now I will never go back to it again.

In about 5 minutes I’d set up 3 activities to demonstrate to the wife how it works and she was very impressed as well. No problems so far with charging but I’ve not set up the RF module yet. The website I’ve found a bit clunky and it’s not very intuitive (eg. Adding additional actions to an activity), but when you’ve managed to do something once it becomes second nature. The best bit is being able to play / tweak with your set-up whilst at work and then download it when you get home. :thumbsup:

Dunwa

Back up to £198 + delivery :nono:

plonky

Deepcore said:
Back up to £198 + delivery :nono:
yep, was looking to order as well :( Hard to bring myself to pay the extra, knowing that it was £175 a few days ago !

GlynH

When you say Nevo do you mean the Nevo SL or embedded Nevo?

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

Deepcore said:
Well the 895 arrived yesterday and so far I've been very impressed, I cannot recommend this highly enough. Previously I was using a Nevo for about a year but now I will never go back to it again.

In about 5 minutes I’d set up 3 activities to demonstrate to the wife how it works and she was very impressed as well. No problems so far with charging but I’ve not set up the RF module yet. The website I’ve found a bit clunky and it’s not very intuitive (eg. Adding additional actions to an activity), but when you’ve managed to do something once it becomes second nature. The best bit is being able to play / tweak with your set-up whilst at work and then download it when you get home. :thumbsup:

Dunwa

Embedded Nevo

dar2005

Novice Member
Interestingly I'd purchased a Nevo-Sl to replace my Harmony 885 believing it would get me over the SkyHD and Sky+ in the same room, and also because my equipment was going inside some new furniture.

Perhaps surprisingly (certainly to me) was that the network enabled Nevo Link doesn't allow you to address the individual outputs to control different devices, ie: the 6 wands would all receive and send the same signal, you coudn't address each one independently, so no good for my SkyHD and Sky+ problem.

Last week I received my Harmony 895, set up the RF receiver over the weekend with firmware help from Rebel (thanks), and now I can control both my SkyHD and Sky+ boxes independently because the wands on the RF receiver are individually addressable.

Nevo SL + link = £800

Harmony 895 = £175 (or £198 at the moment).

No contest.

Trending threads

Latest threads

Top Bottom