Harmony 885 - Switching on xbox360 in Media Center mode

J

jih

This is a bit of an obscure one but i will give it a try and see if anyone else has encountered this.

Part of my setup consists of an xbox360 linked to a media center pc (in garage - always on).

When I press the green "start" button on my original media center remote the xbox360 comes alive and goes straight into media center mode and all looks great so...

I programmed my harmony with the signal from the green "start" button on the original remote and I fire this at the setup when it's all starting (tv, surround amp etc) when I use the harmony but...

It seems hit or miss whether the xbox goes into media center mode or just remains in the usual console mode with the blades showing. The xbox is clearly getting the signal to switch on but when there is a game in the console this sometimes starts to autoplay instead of entering media center mode.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks.
James.

Try learning the "Start" button in Raw mode. It might be only learning a part of the code if you're using the analyzed mode.

How do I do raw?

Currently I am going into the device and selecting the menu to learn the new command. I then fire the original box at the 885 and (when their site doesnt throw me out) it remembers it - is this not the best way?

Thanks.
James.

You Can Switch The Auto-play To Off In The Devices Menu.......i Think That Its Default Is On.
If You Have A Dvd/cd Player You May Well See The Same Thing Happening.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom