1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harmony 885 set up problems

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by victorm62, Oct 5, 2005.

1. victorm62

victorm62
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Started setting up my 885 on Sunday and fell at the first fence, I was being asked to select a scart socket for my Sky+ Box for either AV1,2 or 3. My Panasonic TX-36PD30 has 4 scarts numbered AV1,2,4&5, bit of a problem so skipped to my DVD, this is connected to AV4 Component Video, now I'm really stuck. Sent of a help mail to Harmony, as of now I've not received a reply, tried the European Help line 00800 2911 5055 for the last 3 days, it just trips out every time. Does anyone know how to contact these people or how I can proceed.
    Many thanks

2. victorm62

victorm62
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Harmony replied finally, worked out what to do from their explanation and got it working now. Just seems a bit daft quoting AV numbers when infact all you have to do is put your own in, was not obvious to me, but I am an old git which probably explains the problem!!!

3. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,619
    Victor Meldrew aged 62 perhaps :rotfl:

John

PS , welcome to the Forums

4. barong

barong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im having fun with the remote as Logitech dont answer the phone and the wizards dont include my devices even though they are in the list.

Below is just an example but all activities that ask about volume do the same:

To Watch a DVD ("Watch a DVD" Activity), which device do you use to control the volume?

- I use my Hitachi TV to control the volume

- I use my Microsoft Media Center PC to control the volume

------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn’t show my JVC TH-R3 as a device to control Volume.

This happens with any mode DVD, PVR, TV all activities

The JVC TH-R3 is an all in one system so is the surround sound amp DVD and DVD Recorder in one.

5. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Hi barong

Probably not understood your problem correctly; but having the JVC in the device list is not enough you have to add it to each activity as well if it controls volume in all of them. No doubt you have already done this.

Plan B. What category did you originally put the JVC in. Perhaps if the Harmony thinks it is just a DVD player for instance it does not include it in the volume control wizard.
    There does not seem to be a category that exactlly fits your JVC all in one.

I tried adding it as a mini-system. The database then does not seem to include the TH-R3 it suggests you chose the TH-C3. This definitelly does show up as an option in the wizard for volume control. Whether this really works I dont know as obviosly I dont have the hardware. You may have to teach it all the real codes from your TH-R3 remote perhaps.

Richard