Harmony 885 out of warranty

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Trying to snow, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Trying to snow

Trying to snow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Several of the buttons on my Harmony remote no longer function. The remote is out of warranty, but I do expect an option to get the remote repaired at my cost. Harmony have said that they offer no repair service, and can only offer me a "very special price" for a replacement 885 - £95. Considering Amazon sell it for £91, it's not so special.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? I'm reluctant to buy another in case it also lasts only a couple of years as button failure seems a common issue in ageing remotes.

2. madfiddler

madfiddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    considering www.helpdeskit.biz sell them for £72.09 that sounds a bit daft to me

perhaps you should call them back and tell them that whilst you appreciate the offer, as a loyal harmony customer it does not appear that attractive consdering you can purchase it online for less with other retailers? They may give you a better offer and they may not, but... nothing ventured nothing gained...

you could get a Harmony ONE for less than that too! (£83.54 at aforementioned site!)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009