Harmony 885 or Phillips Prestigo

J

jerrydalocksmit

Hi guys,

My 1st post onto AVF so please excuse me if I sound naive, I am just getting into the AV scene. To celebrate I have bought the TH-50PZ70B. Yay...

Anyways, I am looking into the Universal remotes, but I only have a few items that I need to control (less than 15) and IR only.

General reviews talk about the Harmony 885 being good (for my needs), but seems to be no mention of the Phillips Prestigo SRU8015. http://www.prestigo.philips.com

For me I like the fact that you can see the channel icons on the remote (Phillips), and am not sure if the Harmony also has this feature.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions on this kit.

Thanks a lot for your help...

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. If you r e a d the whole review (page 2 :eek: ) it tells you about the macrofuntion:

"it does support Activities - so it can do simple things in sequence. This means I could set up a Watch TV activity, which turned on the TV and then the surround sound amp, and then defaulted to controlling the satellite box."

I Have the SRU 8015 and I can set up Activities that makes it possible to run a macro script allowing me for example:

I've made an activity that I call "Play Wii" it does this:

1. Select the correct input on my TV
2. Select the correct source on my receiver

another exemple:

"Play a DVD"

1. Select the correct input on my TV
2. Select the correct source on my receiver
3. Select DVD-mode on my DVD-R/HDD DVD Player.
4. Play DVD

If I had a IR-controlled light system i could make it to dim the lights and put this action into the scripts :-D
Anything you can do normally with the remote is possible to put in an "Activities" / Macro script.
It is also possible to put pauses for x seconds in between commands in the macro, if you for example have
an projection Screen that need to be executed first for exemple

The macro function works G R E A T!

I do recommend this remote!

/Hans, Sweden

I recommend the Harmony 885, I bought it a couple of weeks ago, it took 2 hours to setup and the result is brilliant. Go Harmony Go......

Hi guys,

My 1st post onto AVF so please excuse me if I sound naive, I am just getting into the AV scene. To celebrate I have bought the TH-50PZ70B. Yay...

Anyways, I am looking into the Universal remotes, but I only have a few items that I need to control (less than 15) and IR only.

General reviews talk about the Harmony 885 being good (for my needs), but seems to be no mention of the Phillips Prestigo SRU8015. http://www.prestigo.philips.com

For me I like the fact that you can see the channel icons on the remote (Phillips), and am not sure if the Harmony also has this feature.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions on this kit.

Thanks a lot for your help...

You can have sixteen favourite channels with icons per TV viewing activity. E.G. Watch Freeview, Watch Sky HD etc etc.

ATB

Max

Thanks Guys...after an impulse buy on Pixmania I have decided to gofor the Harmony 885 - quite a good deal...however after reading the posts I am not sure if I will keep it or return it and buy the Phillips...without a doubt the Phillips in my eyes is the better looking remote...

Awww...decisions decisions....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom