Harmony 885 & Onkyo 875

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by spiderbundy, Sep 12, 2007.

1. spiderbundy

spiderbundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am waiting delivery of my 875 and thought i'd set up my harmony remote to include it.
    Just noticed that the list of inputs that the harmony has for the 875 is completely wrong . IE: Video 1, Video 2, Video 3, DVD, Tuner, Cd, Tape, Video 4.
    But the actual inputs on the 875 are DVD, VCR/DVR, CAB/SAT, GAME/TV, AUX 1, AUX 2, Tape, Tuner, CD, Phono.

The Harmony is never really that far away with all the info for devices, i know i can re-learn all the inputs again but seems a lot of hassle!

Anyone out there notice this and how did you go about setting it up?

Beers,
    Gaz

2. czzer

czzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    If you want to adjust the inputs on a device, then a good place to start would be "Adjust Inputs" under the Device options.

3. spiderbundy

spiderbundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Czzr,

I know i can reassign all the inputs but my point is that the database from Harmony concerning the 875 is a mile out!! I would understand if they had 1 or 2 inputs in the wrong order or something but they are all completely wrong!!

4. czzer

czzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    It only takes a minute or 2 to edit the input list to match your device.

Devices are added to the Harmony database by end-users. This is why the database is so extensive, but it also means the database can be incorrect for a device if a user sets it up incorrectly in the first place.

If you tell tech support about an incorrect device, and give them a known good configuration, they will update the database with the correct info. Unfortunately not many people do this, so the errors remain.