Harmony 885 issue i cant solve.

HurleyFX

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Ive had a harmony 885 for the last 2 days, everything went smooth with setup and works fine apart from one thing which i cant seem to get my head around.

Ive programmed My tv/surround(which is my all in one denon)/xbox360 for when i chose the activity USE XBOX CONSOLE

this turns my Hitachi 42PD3000E onto PC input for VGA, my DENON DHT-500SD onto VIDEO for the surround via optical, and the xbox360 on.

heres the problem, after switching the TV to PC, the DENON comes on, which immediately makes the TV go back to AV2 ( dvd/amps channel )

i cant seem to get my head arround how to stop this, its annoying the hell outa me now.

any ideas please?

2 ways that I can think of:

Disable "scart control", either in your Denon, or on the TV - there's sometimes an option in the menus for this. If you can't find an option to disable it, snip the wire from pin 8 at one end of the scart cable.

Re-send the command to switch the TV to the PC input. There's an option to add extra commands to activity, called something like "everything is working, but I want to add more commands" from the activity setup options.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom