Harmony 885 HTPC use

Discussion in 'Home Entertainment Computers' started by groove, Feb 4, 2009.

1. groove

groove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    Guys,

I ve got a niggling problem that I cant seem to get to the bottom of with my Harmony 885 and Antec Fusion case.

It does pretty much everything i want , I can control VMC , do all the normal stuff no problems , except when I press my activity to watch HTPC , it automatically switches VMC to the My Videos folder. I want it to stay on the main menu screen.

Ive got the HTPC configured as a media centre PC in my Devices within the logitech software, but every time I run the wizard it forces me to choose an input on the HTPC to switch to ( not the amp or display as I need to switch inputs on those and they work ok ) , as the HTPC has no input selector as such to choose from im forced to pick one and it then sends this command as part of the macro , switching it to My Vidoes or whatever.

Is there anyway to cut this command from the macro ? My OCD tendancies kick in and although its only minor , it bugs the hell outta me. Why cant logitech allow me to manually edit the resultant script/macro ?

2. CKB

CKB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Change it to 'I don't need to set the source' for your tv, then add a subsequent command as you need it.

On mine, it gets mixed up with the HDMI1 and HDMIV1.1 inputs (goodness knows why it needs these varients) so I have to blank the starting source (which only permits HDMI1) and later select HDMIV1.1 via an automated keypress.

This is all from memory, so I'll check back later when at home in case you're still struggling.

3. groove

groove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    mmmmm.......but i do need to set the source for the TV ?

Its asking me to set a source on the HTPC which I dont want want to.....

Hang on ill fire up the software as ive got it sneakily installed on my work pc ;-)

4. groove

groove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    Ok heres a few quick screengrabs of the wizard i just run through.....

All I want to do is stop it asking for an input channel to turn the Antec Media centre to. It doesnt have an input channel , instead it lists sections of VMC and turns it to one of those. I dont want it to do this. Just turn it on and leave it at the menu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  5. deksawyer

deksawyer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    I use a 655 and the page where it asks what input or channel to select, I have mine set to Guide.

There is, however an option for Home Page, which I assume is the start screen you get when pressing the Green Button.

My HTPC is set up as a standard Microsoft Media Center where as I see yours is set up as an Antec Media Center PC (not sure if you've just renamed this).

D.

6. groove

groove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    Spot on guys !!

I did as you said , added a new input to the HTPC device , and assigned it as Guide.
    Then in the activity selected this new input as the one to switch to. It now goes to the main VMC menu everytime I use that activity.

As an added bonus I added the power toggle to the activity so now when its selected the HTPC comes out of standby , VMC launches ( thanks to the MCE shutdown tool) and the main menu is displayed. ALso when switching to another activity ( Watch TV for example) the HTPC goes to sleep.

Absolutely perfect.

Thanks guys !