• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Harmony 885 - favourite channels?

shade_of_meta

Hi all,

i'm either getting thick in my old age or the buttom simply doesnt work on my remote...

after setting up a test favourite channel ( sky 1 ) with logo, i read the help files on the harmony site to see you bring up the list by pressing "media" while in "watch tv" mode...

well...mine does squat ;)

Is it that simple? have i missed anything? or is the button not working :thumbsdow

Cheers,

zimbo000

after setting up a test favourite channel ( sky 1 ) with logo, i read the help files on the harmony site to see you bring up the list by pressing "media" while in "watch tv" mode...

Sky 1 is a satellite channel and I guess you access this via a 'Watch Sky' or 'Watch Satellite' activity, not 'Watch TV'...?

The Favourite Channels are per-activity, so if you put Sky1 into 'Watch (terrestrial) TV', it won't work (or rather, I guess it should still display the logo when you hit Media, but the channel number of 106 for Sky1 will display Invalid DVB Channel on Freeview). If you add Sky1 into your 'Watch Satellite' activity it should work.

You then have to (re-)add channels to each activity in turn - a right pain in the butt!

[As an example, I have BBC1 as channel 101 in my Watch Satellite activity, and 001 in Watch TV (Freeview). Same logo, different channel number sent to different device depending upon the activity.]

If anyone knows how to copy Fav Channels between activities, would love to know... :)

shade_of_meta

I click "Watch TV" and it turns my TV on, to the right AV, turns the sky on and turns the amp on...

the controller then controls the volume on the amp and the channels via the sky box...

is that not right?! :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom