1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harmony 885 - Excellent Remote at first, now the base power is letting it down.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by AJStevens, Aug 10, 2005.

1. AJStevens

AJStevens
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I liked the Harmony 885 so much, I bought two, one for the living room, one for the bedroom. While my overall experience with them has been very good (one or two features lacking on the website, can't change activity icons, but I'm sure that's nothing a later firmware upgrade won't fix).

However at first it was rather annoying how the remotes would not sit very well in the base. Infact in the bedroom it's driving me crazy! "Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!" and of course the stupid lightshow it has to do while me and my wife are trying to sleep!

Now, what's even worse is the living room one has discharged completely and I couldn't use it the other night, I wiggled it about on the base and left it, I've just got home to use it and it's still discharged, no lights, so again I've had to wiggle it and leave it to charge. This makes the remote useless and I've had to dig out my old remotes after putting them away!

For goodness sake Logitech, such a simple thing as making sure it sits securely and snug in it's base and ensures good component connection for recharging and they've messed it right up. I think Logitech should issue out a new replacement base unit and existing users fill out an online form and get a free one sent to them asap!

Also, set an option to turn off that stupid base slideshow and turn off the beep! If I have overlooked this, or they've recently added it, please can someone point out it's precise location on the website, thank you.

2. czzer

czzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Send an email to tech support. They need to know the extent of the problem if they're going to do anything about it. The more complaints they get the better chance of a fix.

3. blueshard

blueshard
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To stop the slideshow try pressing the 'Glow' button. Works for me...

4. imilne

imilne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Ha. In my case doing that would probably just knock the remote back off the base again. You can't win :)

Iain

5. AJStevens

AJStevens
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes exsactly, it ends up taking me 20 minutes to manage to press the glow button to turn it off without disturbing it in it's base.

6. bigmac1

bigmac1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I suffered similar problems with the remote not sitting in the base correctly all the time, but recently discovered that if I sit it in screen end first then it seems to sit properly every time now! Discovered it by accident as I used to fiddle with it for a while to get it to sit properly and one night for some reason I sat the screen end in first and then just pushed it up to the top before sitting the bottom end (keypad end) down and it sat down fine. Been doing it that way since and it sits in perfectly each time now. :clap: