1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harmony 885 Custom Buttons being duplicated

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by stricko, Aug 13, 2005.

1. stricko

stricko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm setting up my 885 and trying to customise my Listen to CDs activity. I use a variety of disk types all through the same player, including CDs, CD-Roms with MP3 files, SACD and DVD-Audio.

My first customisation went well, adding screen on and off custom buttons to allow me to see disc contents. The second customisation is not working though. For SACD and DVD-Audio,I want to switch the input on my amp from CD to 6/8 Channel. So I added two custom buttons to do this, one to switch to 6/8 channel, the other to switch back to CD input. On the listen to CDs activity this works fine. Unfortunately the two new custom buttons also appear on my Sky+ activity (renamed from Watch PVR). If I delete them from the Sky+ activity, they also dissappear from Listen to CDs.

I appreciate that I could set up different activities for CD-Rom and SACD/DVD-Audio but this is a usability issue. As far as my family is concerned this is juts "listening to music" regardless of the disk type.

Any ideas? (I have a request in to Logitech as well)

Paul Strickland