Harmony 885 controlling Linn

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by heinzeman, Mar 17, 2006.

1. heinzeman

heinzeman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    the problem I have with my current Linn remote for my Classik Movie Di, is that when I set it to tv mode, if I then want to adjust the Linn's volume, I have to scrioll through the aux modes until it gets back to tv input. So the sound cuts out while im doing this and it's frustrating for such expensive kit.

If i buy a harmony 885, will I be able to operate my Sony digital tv's functions, and adjust the volume of the amp, rather than the volume of the tv? (Without switching sources as i currently have to do)?

Also, does the harmony remote re-create the buttons that exist on my Sony handset, e.g 'Favorits' button for the digital channels, and 'menu' button for the digital channels? Or is that just expecting too much?

Thank you so much,

you'll save me spending a load of money to find it can't help my life if someone can help me please! :smoke: :boring:

2. Dewi

Dewi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, as far as I know. At least, it works that way with my Sony TV and Yamaha A/V Amp. Don't know if it'll work as well with such expensive kit ;) Try the test drive at the Harmony web site. It'll give you a good idea of what the kit can and can't do.

3. Daz1970

Daz1970
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    dont know if you have resolved this yet but.......................
    an extra spend an extra 20 quid and get a philips pronto neo this will work great with any linn product.;)